Bittersweet Tragedy

ON OCTOBER 4, 1977 DAISY JONES AND THE SIX PREFORMED TO A SOLD OUT CROWD AT SOLDIER FIELD IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS. THEY WERE ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS IN THE WORLD AT THE TIME, FRESH OFF THEIR AWARD-WINNING, MULTI-PLATINUM SELLING ALBUMB "AURORA." WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN IT BE THEIR FINAL PERFORMANCE. IN THE 20 YEARS SINCE, MEMBERS OF THE BAND AND THEIR INNER CIRCLE HAVE REFUSED TO SPEAK ON THE RECORD ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED...UNTIL NOW.

✦

ARACELY: To be quite honest, it caught me off guard when you asked me to be a part of this interview. I didn't think people still cared about a band from the seventies. However, I felt obligated to participate in your interview. Perhaps it would finally give me the closure I've been yearning for these past years.

Before we get started just to clarify, everyone agreed to this? Even Daisy?

I promise to tell you the truth and show complete transparency. I have nothing to hide anymore, I've hidden  myself for so long. I believe it's finally time for everyone to know my side of the narrative. Daisy Jones and the Six helped me discover a part of myself I kept hidden for years.

They were my family, we were connected, some more than others. We all have our baggage, and mine started years before I joined the band. I carried it with me everywhere, I thought it was a part of me. Yet, along the way I was able to realize it wasn't. The band helped me realize that, believe it or not.

If you would have told twelve year old me that when I was twenty-one, I'd be joining one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time. I think I would have laughed in your face. The band changed my life, for better and for worse. I can't speak for everyone else, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Joining the band was all a blur, I would have never joined if it wasn't for Karen. [sighed] Karen's the reason I was able to live my dream, she made it a reality. But, she also made it a living hell. Not to mention your father...sorry I mean Billy.

The band gave me opportunities—they gave my life a purpose. Do I miss them? Sometimes, yes. I mean how could I not. When you're in a band, they become a part of you. It's hard to let that go.

Ester Expósito as           
Aracely Gonzalez

Ester Expósito as            Aracely Gonzalez

the daisy jones and the six cast played by their respective actors! i do not own daisy jones and the six, but i own aracely and the gonzalez's family!!

NIK SPEAKS: I'm so so so excited to
write this book! I have so many ideas
and i can't wait to write them!