016: singing at a funeral

I thought I'd write a bonus chapter since the series just ended, enjoy!!!

ARACELY: Camila, oh my sweet sweet Camila. [pauses] Can you give me a second sweetie?

BILLY: When your mother got sick... I, uh... I'm sorry.

KAREN: I mean, she was the reason I joined the band. She was the reason I stayed.

EDDIE: I just...Camila was special. She was taken from us too soon.

DAISY: She saw a future for me that I couldn't see for myself, and she was right.

GRAHAM: I can't.

DAISY: I owe Camila my life, if it wasn't for her...I wouldn't be here. Your mother was special. If it wasn't for her, I would be sober, or have my sons. I owe my life to her.

JULIA: Would you ever do it again?

DAISY: Do what honey?

JULIA: You know, everything. If you were given the chance would you?

DAISY: I'd go back, but only to fix how we ended things. I regret ending on bad terms with some of them.

BILLY: Your mother was the love of my life. And I can say that now and know it's the truth. Give me all the platinum albums you want, the success, the fame, all of it. And I would hand it all back to you for one more minute with her.

EDDIE: It crushed Aracely when Camila passed. Aracely was never a religious person, but she prayed every night wishing for Camila to regain her health.

ARACELY: Camila was my best friend, even when we split. I would call her everyday, and just talk for hours. She would come over with you so you could play with Mara. I mean, she was such a beautiful soul. [Clears throat] The day she died, a part of me died with her. When you lose someone that understood you like no one else, it stings.

JULIA: My mother she left something for you.

Julia approached Aracely with the video camera and played the video of Camila.

[click, mechanical whirring, beep]

CAMILA: Here, Jules? [laughs softly] Okay. I look ridiculous.

JULIA: You look beautiful. You always look beautiful, Mom.

CAMILA: Wait a second. [she sighs and adjusts her wig] So, who else are you talking to?

JULIA: Whoever's willing. Uh, the guys. Uncle Graham, Rod, Aracely.

CAMILA: Are you talking to Daisy?

JULIA: I might.

CAMILA: I'd like you to. Just tell her that, uh, I'm happy for her. She's made such a beautiful life for herself, and... Well, I've always been her biggest fan.

JULIA: I'll tell her, Mom.

CAMILA: And you know what else? Tell your father to give her a call. Aracely too, I know your father and her ended on bad terms, but I'd like them to fix it...for me.

JULIA: I'm just... surprised you'd suggest that.

CAMILA: You shouldn't be. We have had such a wonderful marriage, your father and I. We chose each other. But nothing in life is ever as simple as we want it to be. So one day, when he's ready, tell your father to give Daisy Jones a call. And tell Daisy Jones to answer. And most importantly, tell Aracely to forgive him. Your father has had many wrongs in his life, this one in particular is one he needs to fix. At the very least, those three still owe me a song.

Aracely wiped her tears and pulled Julia in for a hug.

ARACELY: Your father, he's a good man. I'm glad he's changed, maybe it's time I forgive him.

BILLY: It's been twenty years, I think it's time we learn to forgive.

[knock at the door]

Aracely opens the door and standing in front of it is Billy. Still the same as he was twenty years ago, almost as if nothing has changed.
"Aracely, it's been a while hasn't it?" says Billy.
Aracely laughs softly, "It has. It's about time we change that, don't you think?"

the ending is for you to interpret, you decided their ending. once again thank you all so much for all the love on this story <3 love nik!