011: could this be the end

ARACELY: Eddie proposed to me on January 3, 1978.  We were celebrating Mara's fourth birthday. I only invited Eddie and Warren. The rest were close friends and family. Eddie and I were dating for a year and a half I think. Mara was already so attached to Eddie. I know I shouldn't have introduced Mara to Eddie so fast, but I couldn't help it. He loved her. We were about to sing happy birthday when Eddie said he had an announcement.

EDDIE: I knew Aracely was the one for me, I couldn't wait any longer. My original plan was to purpose her on tour, on stage in front of thousands. That way the whole world would know she was mine. However at Mara's birthday party, I knew it would be more meaningful doing it there. Where she was surrounded by her family. I got down on one knee and asked the big question.

ARACELY: Of course I said yes. How could I not?

WARREN: It was  beautiful man, their love for each other was insane. No matter what they went through, they bounced right back. I guess that's how it is when you're in love. And when I tell you Eddie was in love; he was in love with her.

EDDIE: We decided to not tell anyone else, this would just be our thing—our secret. We knew if we were to tell the rest of the band, they would flip.

BILLY: Oh I flipped all right. How could they do this behind our back? We were a team, a family even.  Yet there they were, getting engaged behind our back.

DAISY: We all knew they were together, Billy was just oblivious. He chose not to believe it.

KAREN: I was happy for her, truly. Eddie gave her what I couldn't, she wanted this life thay I just couldn't see myself living.

INTERVIEW: Karen said that she was happy for you, and never tried to talk you out of your engagement. Is that true?

ARACELY: She said that? What a fucking liar. She tried to talk me out of it all right, in fact the night she found out she barged into my room. Karen told me not to marry him. That if I married him, I'd lose everything that I worked so hard for. She basically said I was making one huge fucking mistake.

EDDIE: Karen had no right to tell Aracely the things she said. Karen was the one who broke things off, it's not my fault Aracely moved on.

KAREN: I was just nervous for her, that's all.

After the entire band found out about the engagement, things were just different. Billy started getting more aggravated at Eddie for no reason. Eddie would breathe and Billy would yell at him. Everyone knew that Billy loved Camila, but at times Billy questioned if he was able to love someone other than her.

BILLY: I think about the first night I saw Aracely, I think about it a lot, even now. Would we have gotten married? Would we be where we are today? These questions always linger in the back of my head. What could have happened if I talked to her rather than Camila. Not saying that I don't love Camila, I love that woman with everything inside of me. I just question the past. That's all.

ARACELY: Everyone painted me out to be the band's whore, sleeping with all of her bandmates. All because of Billy, he's the reason I got that name. He told the Rolling Stones a straight lie.

BILLY: I told them I loved her, and I was sad to see her go. Which was true. I loved her, as a friend of course.

EDDIE: Man when that magazine came out, shit was ridiculous. People were calling Aracely all these names and what not. All because Billy couldn't keep his mouth shut.

ARACELY: That's one of the main reasons I was leaving the band, because there was no respect. Billy only cared about Billy—and sometimes Daisy. Oh how that man always complained about Daisy. Everyone knew the truth, Camila even knew the truth. How could she not?

CAMILA: I knew, of course I knew. What were his feelings towards Daisy Jones? I'm not sure, but I knew there were feelings brewing. Whether it was platonic or not, that was for Billy to decide.

DAISY: First there were rumors about Billy and I, now Aracely? It never stops. Just because we are women doesn't mean we have sex with every guy we know.

EDDIE: It pissed me off, especially since Billy didn't even try to deny it. He liked the attention, he liked feeling relevant.

ARACELY: I was done. I couldn't take it anymore. We were about to go on tour again, and I just couldn't. I was done with being mistreated, I was over the rock n roll lifestyle.

EDDIE: She came home that night and said 'I'm leaving Eddie, I'm done. You continue the tour, we'll be there watching you." And I said, "we?" Aracely looked at me with this smile on her face, and her eyes—they were filled with joy. She reached in her bag and handed me a photograph. It was a baby, a picture of our baby.

ARACELY: I wasn't just leaving the band for me, I was leaving it for my baby. For the first time in a long time I felt like my life had regained its purpose.

EDDIE: Everything was falling into place, I was engaged to the love of my life and I had a baby on the way. What more could I ask for?

Aracely called Billy privately asking if they could talk, just the two of them. Billy agreed, little did he know this would be one of the last times he'd ever speak to Aracely.

ARACELY: It's all about respect, you can't treat a person with respect if they don't deserve it. As much as I wanted to tell him, I didn't. I simply said, "I'm done Billy. I'm leaving the band. I'm not going to wait till the tour is over. I'm done."

BILLY: I had to think carefully about what I said, I could have said a lot more nicer things.

After Aracely told Billy she was leaving the band, he just stood there in denial. "No, no..this cannot be happening!" Billy shouted. Aracely didn't want any problems or escalate the situation even more, instead she allowed Billy to yell at her. He said, 'It's because of Eddie, right? Eddie's jealous of us, of our relationship.'

ARACELY: God that man was so full of himself. There was no relationship. There never was a relationship between the two of us. I said, 'I'm pregnant Billy, I can't keep doing this for the rest of my life. I have kids, you out of all people should understand. I'm having a baby shower next week. You and the girls are more than welcome to come, after that I want nothing to do with you.'

After that, Aracely left the room and drove home. She couldn't believe Billy's reaction, he had no sympathy, he only cared about himself.