Dinner

(Warning: Cannibalism)

I was at my grandparents house. It was lovely in a way. The flowers around the house were lilies and lavenders. They were a purple color, almost black. There were a few white ones since grandma instead that they should be there. It was grandpa's flower garden not her's. I love my grandfather with all my heart. "Tracey! It's so good to see you again after all these years!" A frail old voice rang into my ears. I looked up slightly to see my grandma. I smiled and walked inside. It smelled like she was cooking. I looked around the house for grandpa. He was no where inside. I checked the kitchen, dining room and the living room. No where.

"Why don't you sit down? I'm almost finished with dinner."

"What about grandpa?" She hesitated and just stood there. Almost dumbfounded. I sighed and went over to the dining room and sat down. She smiled and went to the kitchen. I looked around the room. Everything was clean. But grandpa's stuff was gone. Like he never existed. "I hope you're hungry!" I jumped and looked at my plate. There was squash, some green beans and chicken. Or is it pork? I shrugged it off and dug in. The meat tasted nothing like chicken or pork. What is it? It was good though.

"I bet grandpa would love to taste this. It's good!"

"I know. He tastes so good." He? I was confused but shook it off. After dinner she asked if I wanted to take some home. I was given a container and got in my car. I drove home and thought for a minute. He tastes so good... her hesitating... grandpa is not there. On my god! She fucking killed him and feed him to me. Tears pricked in my eyes. Making my vision blurry. I looked at the container and sobbed.

Total of words 347, Why would grandma do that? Was it getting hard? Or was it about the garden? Or could it be that the grandmother was hungry? We'll never know. - Alaphi