It's Only A Day Old

(Warning: corpse, cannibalism)

My friend Kate wanted me to follow her. I almost lost her in the woods. She was carrying a gun with her. Protection maybe? There were gunshots in the distance. She ignored it. So I will too. It was getting dark.  I think we should turn back. The wind picked up. The leaves in the trees rustled. Knocking off some. They floated around us.  Kate stopped in her tracks. She dropped the gun and it fired. It was pointing away from me. It wasn’t on safety?! Kate was on her knees holding an arm. I stepped over the gun and looked at it. The blood was dry and crusty. “Ew… put it down!” Kate was just staring at it. I sighed and looked at the bush beside us. It had berries on it. There was hair too. Hair? I looked inside the bush and almost gagged.

There was a woman. She was dead. Maggots were eating away at her body. Her clothes were ripped and covered with mud. Her eyes were torn out of her eye sockets. The blood had stained her cheeks. On the top of her head was a bullet hole. I should call the police. I took my phone out and dialed 911. It was ringing and they picked up.

“911 what’s your emergency?”

“I-I found a dead woman here in Sunhill woods.”

“Don’t worry ma’am, the police are on their way, just stay on the line for me.”

“O-Okay.” I looked over to check on Kate. She had bit the arm. She had a crazy look on her face. I almost gagged again. The blood ran down her chin onto the ground. The dirt soaked it up. Kate tore off a finger and handed it to me. I backed away. Kate only shrugged and bit the arm again. The police ran over and saw what was happening. They took Kate and cuffed her. She looked at me and smiled. Her teeth had skin stuck in between them.

“It’s okay to eat… Carol… it’s only a day old… go ahead and try some.”

“W-What?” She laughed like a mad man. The police dragged her away and collected the body. One of the officers led me to the car. They asked questions about the woman. But also about the hotel in Sunhill. Apparently there was an murder in room 293. Poor Tabatha. I answered the questions and I was brought home. What have I just witnessed?

Total of words 430, the location is Sunhill? Doesn't sound too sunny to me. (Pun) - Alaphi