19.

I roll over in my bed and puke my guts out into the trash can that someone put beside it.

"Ughhhh." I groan, fighting to pull my hair back out of my face. "I've been hit by a truck!" I cough and spit the sour bile out of my mouth.

I flop back over onto my back and stare up at the ceiling. The fan swirls round and round and-

Another wave of vomit rushes up my throat and I barely clear the side of my bed this time.

"Tell Shelia I'm coming!" I groan into the trash can, another bout of bile gurgling from me. "I want the pink lined casket!" I call out into the dark room. "She'll know the one."

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and lay back in my bed.

"You're literally the most dramatic person I've ever known." Ella's voice comes from my doorway.

She flips on the light and I scream. "You heathen!" I rush to cover my face. "I'm blinded." Then I laugh a little, and start singing. "Blinded by the lights! Wrapped up like a douche-."

"You know those aren't the lyrics." Ella sighs, her weight pressing into the mattress beside me.

"I like mine better." I say into my blankets. "It gives it more ambiance."

"That's not the word you're looking for."

I pull the blankets down and glare at her. "Did you come in here to critique me?"

She wipes her tired eyes and yawns. "No." She tells me. "I came because you were hit by a bus."

"A truck." I remind her. "A big one though."

"Yes." She smiles a little. "Obviously a big one." She reaches over and pats my hand. "Water?"

"What's that?" I squeeze my eyes shut and grin hard.

"Gabby!" Ella calls out towards the door. "The princess needs water!"

I roll my eyes. "How many times do we have to have this discussion?" I swat her hand. "I don't want to be a princess because-"

"Because princesses have no real power." She cuts me off. "They were used by their fathers to gain alliances and more control."

"You're learning." I nod. "I'm a queen."

The words are hardly out before I'm jerking to the side to throw up again.

"Yeah." Gabby says, coming into the room and sitting beside me while Ella holds back my hair. "You're really giving off the royalty vibe right now."

"It's giving..." I spit.

"Let's worry about that later." Ella pats my back before my brain can come up with anything else to say so I nod.

"I'll sleep on it." I hiccup, laying back down.

"You already ditched that Brian guy?" Gabby asks me, passing me the glass of water to sip on.

"Who?" I say, swallowing.

Gabby and Ella glance at each other. "Wasn't that his name?"

I look at them both, brows furrowed in confusion and then it clicks. "Oh." I slap my forehead and instantly regret it because I'm now beginning to notice the headache. "I ditched him at the bar."

Now they're the ones looking confused. "Then who were you with?" Ella asks, no longer looking sleepy.

"Uh." I rub my temples. "No one. I came home at some point. I went to YONDER alone and hung out there for a bit and then...then I think I ubered."