The Consequences

Varian couldn't stop running. If he did, he would die.

You couldn't move. If you did, you would die. He was running,-

-to you. They were chasing him; you were taken hostage so that your kidnappers could capture him. He was supposed to give himself in for you,-

-but Varian thought he might get away with saving you and getting out of there.

Action scene, he dodges the arrows shot towards him and is almost at the other side, where you are, and where The Mistress is. She is the one in charge of this whole operation.

And the one who took you hostage and sent a letter to Varian about how he can turn himself in to save you.

She has a knife to your neck; keeping you in place.

Varian just finished crossing the blue-ice bridge that was falling down with every step he took. When he made it to the major ice platform, Mistress ordered the guards to halt.

"You have one last chance", The Mistress starts, "Turn yourself in to save her, or she will face the consequences."

Varian chuckles, then says "Nah."

"Well, then," The Mistress starts, but is cut off by a sudden JUMP onto her knocking her to the floor. She dropped her knife, letting you free. Varian uses his grapple hook to hook to the top of the ice chamber, and you hold on to him as his trusty grey-and-black furry friend (who just knocked The Mistress to the ground) climbed up him to his shoulder.

"Look who's facing the consequences now" Varian says,-

-as the ice below us breaks and The Mistress (and her guards) fall down, with one last "NOOOO!!!!" being heard from The Mistress as me and Varian grapple up to the top of the Icey Volcano.

(Author Note: This one was originally part of short oneshots that I was writing for myself, but I decided to release it since I haven't finished the other two oneshots in this book yet (or anything else that I'm working on) and I haven't put anything out in a while. I made an edit on May 26th 2023 to fix something about a piece of dialogue that was annoying me. But yeah, this one's pretty short. Thanks for reading! :>>>)