Snowstorm

(AN: This one is less of a Varian x Reader, it is an alternate version of Queen For A Day. What would/could have happened if Rapunzel went with Varian to save his father? +Y/n

It also isn't in any particular perspective, (So third person, storyteller perspective) but leaning on Rapunzel's perspective.)

Rapunzel, Varian and Y/n are walking through the snowstorm. Varian had begged Rapunzel to come with him to "save his father", whatever that meant.

While Rapunzel didn't know; she also didn't care.

Her friend was- is in need of help! She can't turn that down.

Y/n is coming along too, because if there is any issue with the black rocks, she can help. She knows a lot about the Sundrop and the Moonstone. A couple years before, she went on a journey to find all the pieces of the scroll that contains information about the Sundrop and the Moonstone, including some basic spells that can be performed with them.

A few guards also came along for multiple, obvious reasons. (Protecting the Princess, etc.)

When they reached Varian's home, Varian ran in first.

When Rapunzel entered the room where Varian's father had been presumably trapped in amber, she saw exactly that. And Varian, on his knees against the amber that his father had been completely encased in.

"No..." He whispered. He then got out of the way for Rapunzel to see.

Rapunzel looked at Y/n and she nodded.

Now it was time for Rapunzel to do the spell.

She wrapped her hair around the amber. One of the guards held a bucket of water. Y/n and Varian, as well as the other guards stood aside.

"Wither and Decay," Rapunzel started to say. As she said more of the spell, it seemed like she started to become... Possessed. She then sang the rest of the spell.

Her hair absorbed the amber around Quirin and he was starting to be freed from the amber.

Varian almost ran towards him, but he was able to hold himself back until the guard splashed Rapunzel with water and she turned back into herself again.

He then looked at Rapunzel, then Y/n before running to hug his father. A letter that Quirin was holding dissolved because of Rapunzel's magic, and Varian asked what it was.

Quirin told Varian that all it said was how proud he was of him.

Rapunzel smiled brightly, because she was happy to see her friend get the help he needed when he needed it, but the snowstorm still rages on.

When Varian stood up, he turned to Rapunzel. "Thank you!" He said to her, then hugged her.

He then turned to Y/n, "Thank you too, Y/n. With- without the spell... Well, I don't know what I would do without it..." He said to her.

~~~~~~~End of "Snowstorm", for now...