Doctor's Visit

THIRD PERSON POV-  NEWTOPIA

Finally, Marcy was done explaining as they pulled up to the doctor's front desk.

"Sprig, Polly, you stay out here." Sasha commanded.

"You like her back?" she questioned with a smile on her face.

"Yeah." She admitted, hearing another snore from Anne that made her smile.

"I don't know if I should be happy for the new couple or if I should be concerned that I'm now officially the third wheel."

"It's not officia-"

"You kissed." Sasha cut her off.

"Fair enough, but I think we can make it official sooner or later." Marcy smiled.

The doctor came out of her office.

Her nametag read 'Dr. Hoyne'.

"Oh hey! how are you ladies doing?" she asked politely.

Traumatized, Marcy thought.

"We're fine, but our friend needs help. She's alive and conscious, but she does need help." She tried turning Anne around to show the doctor the scar, but Anne refused.

Marcy heard a small "Nooooo," from Anne. "Too warm for that." she said, burrowing her head in her arms again, not seeing Marcy's once again flustered face.

"How and when did it occur?" The newt asked, pushing her glasses back up.

"About an hour ago. And she got it from a..."

"Should we tell her?" Sasha mouthed.

"Yeah." Marcy whispered.

"Flaming sword." she finished.

"Oh my. We might take a bit longer than usual to fix this one." Dr. Hoyne responded, seeing Marcy's frown. "Unless it's urgent?" The doctor said, with a tint of question at the end.

Marcy remembered what she had said to Sasha earlier.

"I think we can make it official sooner or later." Marcy smiled.

"No, not urgent. But she does mean a lot to me." She saw Anne slightly blush at the last part.

Marcy tried letting Anne down lightly onto her bed, but as soon as Marcy's arms moved, she jolted awake.

"What is this? Where am- Oh hi Mars!" Her eyes widened when she saw Marcy staring down lovingly at her, but she turned away as soon as Anne noticed. she waved with her hand.

"Delivering on what I said earlier, you're at the doctor's. This is Dr. Hoyne." She introduced her, and the newt gave her a friendly smile.

Marcy looked down at Anne's cut. It wasn't that deep, but it definitely deserved medical attention.

Marcy wasn't just going to let Anne's scar rot.

After all, she still owed Anne for saving her.

Anne, we're going to need to put you to sleep for this. Dr. Hoyne said, now occupied by a dark blue newt tagged as Dr. Jill, who had a nonbinary flag pin next to their work card.

"Alright." Anne nodded and let Marcy roll her onto the patient's bed, giving her a small wave before taking her down the hallway.

A few minutes of silence passed.

"You think she's going to be okay?" Marcy asked, looking up at Sasha.

"It's Anne we're talking about, Marce! she'll stick through it."

She knew it was just a couple words from Sash, but it really impacted her.

Yeah. Anne was pretty cool.

THIRD PERSON POV- IN THE CASTLE

Andrias stepped into his throne room, seeing a cut and stabbed wire, a broken helmet, the entire Core chestplate and an unconscious guard.

"Wow, they got us good." Andrias said, walking up to the Calamity box.

"Ow- uh- yes, your majesty- sorry." the guard struggled out.

"I'll see myself out-"

"Good."

That did actually give Andrias a good laugh.

THIRD PERSON POV- NEWTOPIA

"Hey guys!" they heard Dr. Jill's footsteps.

"Is Anne alright?" Marcy immediately blurted out.

"Yep!" they responded.

Soon, Anne came out alongside Dr. Hoyne.

"Anne!" Marcy ran up to her unofficial girlfriend and wrapped her arms around her torso.

"Mar-mar!" She said, reciprocating the hug.

"Now you're only scarred emotionally!" Marcy joked.

"Thanks guys!" Marcy separated from the hug, looked at the doctors and handed them some Newtopian dollars.

Anne took Marcy's hand and walked out of the center, Sasha behind them.

"Hey! Sprig, Polly, want to go grab some snacks?" Sasha yelled enthusiastically.

"Let's go!" Sprig cheered.

"Do I?!" Polly exclaimed.

Sasha winked at the pair and walked away with the Plantars.

Anne and Marcy turned to each other.

"I'm glad you're here."

"I love you."

They said in unison.

They both blushed, clasping their free hands together.

Marcy spoke up.

"You know, while you were asleep, I was talking to Sasha about something."

"Go on," Anne nodded.

"I was catching her up on everything," She continued.

"I told her about... us."

"You did?! That's amazing!" Anne grinned.

"Yeah! I was just wondering if..."

"If what?" Anne raised a brow.

"If you wanted to make it official. Y'know, like, be... girlfriends?" She let go of one of Anne's hands to rub her arm.

"Yes! Oh my gosh, a million times yes!"

She smiled so much Marcy started to worry if her lower jaw would fall off.

Anne cupped Marcy's cheek and kissed her again.

Marcy's brain shut down in excitement, but once she realised what was going on, she kissed Anne back.

It was longer than the first one, and unmistakeably warm and peaceful.

Marcy smiled into the kiss and flopped her arms around Anne's neck.

Slowly, they both pulled away, smiling, dazed and flustered.

(A/N) Sorry this was so long! I wanted to get a long one out while my midnight motivation kicked in.

(Word cont: 904)