Chasing all the green lights

Title also stolen from a OneRepublic song linked above.

THIRD PERSON POV- THE PLANTAR'S HOUSE- MARCY AND ANNE

"You're not too bad yourself!" Marcy joked, tapping Anne's nose with her index finger.

Anne giggled and stood up, Marcy in her arms.

"Don't you dare drop me!" Marcy laughed.

Anne layed Marcy down on the mattress, quickly dusting off any crumbs.

She sat next to her, clasping their palms together.

They heard a knock on the door.

"Oh! Uh... sorry for interrupting."

"It's fine, Jill. Need something?" Marcy responded, signaling for them to sit down next to her.

Jill nodded, their keys on the chain around their neck jingling.

"What is it?" Anne questioned, moving closer to Marcy absent-mindedly.

"There's something outside I wanted to show you." They said, pointing to the window.

Marcy and Anne stared in awe outside.

There were green fireflies everywhere, lighting up the night sky.

"It's your time to shine, Marbles!" Anne joked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Hah! Should we go outside?" She asked.

"Only if you're going!" Anne put up a fist with a daring expression.

"I'm coming with you too!" Jill said, rushing upstairs.

Anne took Marcy's hand and put on her shoes, letting Marcy quickly pick up her boots and crossbow.

Marcy quickly hopped on her shoes, walking upstairs, embracing the warmth of Anne's hand.

Anne opened the door, quickly waving at Hoyne and Hop Pop on the way out.

Jill followed, quickly stepping up the stairs.

"Wow..." Marcy muttered, staring at the green glows all around the town.

"It's so nice!" Anne stuttered, looking at the bright sky above her, eyes widening.

Jill closed the door behind them, gazing at the lights, sending a glow on the water.

"Jill?"

Jill's focus snapped to Anne. "Yeah?"

"What was quitting your job like?" She asked.

"Oh- well, I can help the doctors here, but yeah. It was hard. I've been working there for years."

"Are you sure you don't want to go back to Newtopia?" She continued.

"No. I feel... safer here. More at home." Jill responded.

Anne nodded and turned back to the fireflies, sitting down on the pavement.

Marcy instinctively sat down next to her, leaning her head on Anne's shoulder.

Anne smiled and raised a hand , rubbing it back and forth on Marcy's neck.

It took everything in Jill to not let out any noises of cuteness that could annoy them.

Anne moved up to her hair, hearing small giggles from Marcy.

"That tickles!" Marcy laughed out.

"Are you suggesting I keep going?" Anne replied with a smirk.

"Uh! Yeah! WAIT NO-" Marcy's eyes sharpened, realising she had said yes.

"Too late! You said it now!" Anne said, racing up from her spot and swiftly picking her up.

"NOOOOO WAIT!" Marcy panicked.

"Nope! It's happening!" Anne chuckled, kicking open the house door.

"Nuh-uh!" She responded, trying to escape.

"Yuh-uh!" Anne retorted, opening the basement flap, clambering down the stairs.

"I'M SENSITIVE! DON'T DO IT!" Marcy yelled.

"EVEN BETTER!" Anne replied, flopping Marcy onto the bed.

Anne tickled around her neck, hearing enormous laughs from her girlfriend.

"N-"

She was interrupted by another tickle.

"NOOOOO!!" She yelled in between laughs.

Marcy eventually let her guard down, drowning in giggles.

"Alright, it's a little late now, I should probably stop." Anne said, sitting next to her.

Marcy gasped dramatically. "You, stopping? Unheard of!"

"Oh, stop!" Anne layed down, leaning on her pillow.

"You're not getting away that easily. Expect revenge in the morning!" Marcy laughed cheekily.

"Fine!" Anne smiled.

She felt arms around her waist.

Her smile grew bigger, wrapping her own around Marcy's torso.

(A/N) yeetus

Sorry this was so short!

(Word count: 618)