02: public

Elodie had just been wanting to have a peaceful breakfast. But it seems to events of yesterday afternoon had spread like wildfire, even some teachers looking at her in shock. All eyes were on her, Lily, or James - who hadn't even arrived at the Great Hall yet, but was a topic of conversation.

"Boo." Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Elodie had to use every fibre of her being to not spin around and punch James, instead, forcing a smile onto her face. "Terrifying, you are. What's up?"

"Can I not spend lunch with my girlfriend for the sake of it?" Elodie thought her brain was going to short-circuit. She scooted across the bench, and the students who weren't looking were now. Damn you, James Potter. She internally rolled her eyes. "What's your first lesson then, darling?"

What are you, a 1700's gentleman? She laughed to herself, earning strange looks from her 'boyfriend.' "Herbology, you?" He pulled out a piece of parchment. "James, do you still have your lessons written down? Its November!"

"Not all of us are blessed with a photographic memory, Westwood!" He shot back with a smirk to indicate he wasn't being rude. As if James was capable of being rude to anyone (Aside from Snivellus.) "Fucking potions. Why is it half of my lessons are potions?" He groaned. "I'm not going to it."

He looked up at Elodie expectantly, who had already caught onto his silent offer. Who, for dramatic effect, added a little twist. "Im not spending an hour with you making out in a broom closet." James choked on his own oxygen, coughing and turning a bright red.

"I wasn't thinking that! Merlin, Ellie..." He composed himself, before continuing. "Besides, why the closet when I've got a perfectly empty dorm room."

"Oh Merlin, I'm going to be sick." Marlene interrupted the two, who were in a little world of their own. "Take your soppy, adorable relationship elsewhere. I'm trying to eat my breakfast."

"As a matter of fact, McKinnon, we will." James made a scene of him standing up, entwining Elodie's hand with his own. "Shall we, my lady?" Elodie hesitantly stood with him, bid farewell to her friends, and followed James out of the Great Hall.

"I think it's going well, don't you?" James piped up as they wandered the corridors. Elodie, who was still not used to James being so awake at 8am, nodded. "I still don't think Lily is convinced, though. Might need to up our game."

Whatever that meant, Elodie had no idea.

"Maybe she just doesn't care, James. Did that ever cross your mind?" For a second she thought she saw James frown, though it was gone as fast as it had appeared. "No, no I'm almost 100% sure she feels the same, if not at least similarly."

Elodie ignored his internal monologue. He paused halfway through his little rant to look at her. "Look, Els - if you're not comfortable with this whole thing, we can drop it. I understand. Evans is your friend, and even then this must be at least a little weird for you."

"It's fine, Potter. Besides, we've already convinced everyone this is real, so we may as well continue. For at least a few weeks." James grinned, taking her message completely differently to how she intended.

"Is that what you're telling yourself? I reckon secretly, deep down in that little Westwood heart of yours, you're enjoying my company." She laughed at his cockiness.

"Getting ahead of yourself, Potter? Maybe this is just an elaborate plan to get with me..?" She teased back, matching his energy. It was no wonder everyone seemed to immediately believe they were a couple, the energy between the two was almost unmatchable.

She reminded James of Sirius, but he immediately shook that thought away when he was reminded of the circumstances.

The two walked around, making occasional conversation, until Elodie realised she had three minutes to get to Herbology, which, on a good day, was a 10 minute walk. "Shit, you've made me late now. Sprout will have my head."

"I reckon we could make it if we run?" James offered, not giving Elodie much of a choice before taking off, hands still entwined.

She was still late, only by five or so minutes, but late nonetheless. He stopped abruptly, a few feet away from the door, and turned to her. Before she could protest, he ruffled her hair, which she glared at him for, and then his own. "Right, door's open. It's showtime, darling." They walked the few more metres, now in sight of all the students inside.

James let go of her hand, planting a quick kiss on her lips, and waving quickly to Peter, in hopes he could scurry off before Professor Sprout notices the two lingering. Though, luck was not on their side today. "Mr Potter and Miss Westwood, judging by the state of you both, your reason for tardiness isn't a valid one?"

Oh, you sly fucker. Elodie thought. That hair took half an hour to curl. She elbowed him in the side, making him wince, before composing himself. "Sorry, Professor, lost track of time." Elodie looked down, she blamed it on the embarrassment he had caused her.

But James saw the blush on her cheeks.

Sprout was not impressed, deducting five points from Gryffindor each - and threatening to to check with his Professor if James actually showed up to his class (he did not.) "I'll wait for you-"

"She does not need an escort to her classes, James. Now away with you, Miss Westwood come join us before I issue you both a detention." He groaned, and dragged himself away from her view. Elodie watched as he slowly backed off, blowing a kiss to her as he did.

Idiot. She smiled, doing the exact same. He made a gesture of catching her kiss and placing it on his heart. No one could see James apart from her. It warmed her heart.

"Elodie, you have 5 seconds!" Mrs Sprout snapped, though the smile on her face when she saw how the two were acting with one another spoke more with the girl.

I guess it's time to learn about plants.

——————————
!AUTHORS NOTE!

oh he is just adorable isnt he