10: party

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Elodie asked, already forgetting what they had agreed on. Her and James were outside the class they were supposed to be in, James' cloak in hand.

"So, we go in under the cloak, charm Snivellus' ink pot to start overflowing, and then hopefully if I've figured out the spell, it should spew out all over his robes." James grinned. "And no, it won't stain. I can already see it on your face, there's a bunch of spells for stain removal."

She nodded, and joined James under the cloak. The two pushed the door open slightly, wary of the creaks it made. Elodie silently pointed over to where Snape was sitting, and they made their way over. When they were close enough, James whispered the incantation, and the ink started making its way higher up Snape's pot.

He looked at it curiously, his head directly above the pot, when it decided to start spewing out like a waterfall. He immediately leant back, his hand knocking over the pot so it was now spraying directly on his clothes. The entire class turned their attention to Snape as he tried to stop it from spraying.

James had to cover his mouth to laugh, as Elodie bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself joining him. She didn't miss the look Remus, Sirius and Peter sent each other, knowing full well that this was James' doing. Even McGonagall had managed to connect the dots that this somehow tied back to James, but with no real evidence she shook her head.

The two crept out of the classroom, and when they wer far away enough they sprinted down the corridors, laughing uncontrollably. "I didn't expect him to look over it, oh Merlin!" He stuttered out through laughs, as Elodie gasped for breath.

"Oh, I'm gonna piss myself, that was brilliant!"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Prongs, you absolute treasure!" Sirius shouted from the other end of the hall. "I know it was you, you magnificent bastard. Genius, it's all in his hair! Finally he's gonna wash it." Sirius placed a big, sloppy kiss on James' cheek, which earned him a playful shove.

"Pads please, not in front of my girlfriend... She can't know how in love we are." Elodie chuckled at the banter.

"Speaking of, happy birthday Elodie! Now I won't feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of bloody children." Sirius said,sitting on the other side of El. "Oi, you prick. You have the mental age of an infant. At best." James flung a grape at Sirius, and Elodie leaned back so she wouldn't be caught in the crossfire.

Never before had she seen someone use a napkin as a weapon until Sirius started whacking James with it, Remus and Peter watching them in disappointment. "Is one peaceful meal too much to bloody ask?" Remus rested his head in his hands, as Peter chose the blissful ignorance path, tucking into his dinner.

When they had all calmed down and finished their dinner, Elodie went to join Lily, Marls and Mary who were calmly talking the way normal people did. "Els! Happy birthday, you beautiful woman! I hope you know we're having a party for you."

"Oh really? When and where?"

"Gryffindor tower, 8 o clock." Elodie checked her watch, 7:00. She still had an hour to kill before the birthday girl was to make an appearance. "We have it all set up, alcohol, music, it's going to be brilliant!" Lily chimed in.

"Yeah, the lads helped plan it so pretty much everyone is going. It'll be a night to remember." Marlene smiled. "Speaking of, James has had you to himself all day. Give me a hug birthday girl!" Before she could protest, Marlene was up and throwing her arms around Elodie, nearly knocking her off of her feet.

Marlene wasn't much of a hugger, so El savoured the ones she could get.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The party was in full swing by 8:30, the common room impossible to navigate with the amount of people that showed up. She had found herself hovering around the table of refreshments with a Hufflepuff, the two talking eagerly about the shit show that was Defense Against The Dark Arts.
Until James arrived.

"Elsie!" He slurred, nearly stumbling into her, she put a hand on his arm to steady him. "Elsie is new, are you okay?"

"I am great, amazing in fact." James grinned, swaying ever so slightly. "Are you having fun?" Elodie nodded, grinning from ear to ear. "That's brilliant, you're brilliant." Elodie giggled, and blamed the redness in her cheeks on the fire-whiskey.

"You're drunk, James. How much have you had?" She nursed him, saying goodbye to the Hufflepuff and dragging James up to his dorm room, which was a task in itself. He kept knocking into things, and the stairs took at least fine minutes to climb. "Okay, lay down." She instructed.

"No, no no.." He mumbled, grabbing her hand as she forced him to sit down on the bed. "Els, please.." As she was about to speak again, he shushed her. "Let me talk, please..."

"Don't say anything you wouldn't say sober." She whispered, he repositioned his hands so they were melted together.

"You're brilliant."

"So you said?" She was particularly amused with James' behaviour. He dramatically sighed, pulling her closer. "I don't know how to say it. You make me forget how to use my words, Elsie." Her ears perked up at this.

"You make me forget how to act normal, I feel like I float around you, Elodie." She flushed at his words. "I don't know when everything clicked for me but, I'm slowly falling more and more for you with each day I spend with you."

"Are you saying you want to pretend date me, for real?"

"I want to real date you, for real."

Her heart rate nearly doubled. He was finally telling her. After two months of 'faking feelings' he was opening up. Sure, the day on the train changed everything, but yet nothing at the same time. Not this time though, there was no return from this. James is immune to hangovers, so he'll remember every embarrassing thing he says.

"Have I messed it all u-" She cut him off with a slow, gentle kiss. One he gratefully accepted as an answer. When they pulled away they were unable to fight off the mirroring smiles. "Take that as a no." She giggled, running her hands through his hair.

"Be my girlfriend? For real, this time." He asked, their noses touching ever so slightly.

"Course I will, Jamie." James had never felt happier in that moment, he pulled her onto the bed and wrapped his arms around her waist. "My beautiful, brilliant girlfriend.." He mumbled. "I'm sorry we didn't get to do your last surprise."

"What was it going to be?" She asked.

"I was gonna fly you on the roof and we could stargaze. I'm sorry..." He buried his head into her neck, mumbling the words into her shoulder. "Don't apologise, if you ask me this wasn't a bad alternative." She turned over to face him, pecking his lips lovingly.

"Elodie?" She hummed in response. "I think I'm going to throw up."

——————————
!AUTHORS NOTE!
awwwww they're finally together! i kinda winged this chaoter i didn't plan anything for it so i hope its not awful