EPILOGUE

The rest of that year flew by, Elodie took up James' offer on a space at his house, and Euphemia and Fleamont Potter took her in as if their own. She was enveloped in the parental love she so desperately craved since she was eleven. Of course, that didn't mean the letters from her biological parents stopped.

She'd read the first few they sent, and would pretend their words didn't hurt. The entire premise of the letters were the same. She was dead to the family, a disappointment, and to come home immediately before they start searching for her. But they never did, and once Elodie realised that, the letters went straight from Jug and into the fireplace.

It felt peaceful, in a way. To not know, or care about what her parents had written that Tuesday afternoon. It was a weird form of bonding for her and Sirius Black, both being practically disowned to their families, which meant James had to deal with double the trauma jokes. Though El swears she heard a chuckle escape his lips sometimes.

Elodie was able to become more open with her experience, finally telling the girls the whole story, and of course, them being them, offered her an overwhelming amount of support. She finally had met the people that were her true family, not the ones she shared a surname with. Elodie Westwood could say she loved her family, and she meant it.

A year later, they were preparing to leave Hogwarts. The countdown to the last day being just a week away. And tears were being shed from absolutely everyone, there was a group cry session at one point to the point their eyes all burnt, but despite the tears they were okay with their time at Hogwarts coming to an end. They knew they'd all stay in contact.

And they did.

Eleven years later, they all found themselves on Platform 9 and three quarters, not for themselves. Elodie and James had gotten married in the summer of 1980, and just a year later a bundle of joy had joined their little family. Harry James Potter, a beautiful boy born at the end of July.

Followed a little later by a girl in 1982, Theta Euphemia Potter, a winter baby. Elodie wasn't happy when she had to spend her birthday in hospital, but it was 100% worth it when she got to hold her babygirl. She'd be joining Harry when he was in his third year of Hogwarts.

The little girl clutched James' hand tightly as they ran through the wall of the Platform, and Elodie was hit with a wave of nostalgia as she heard the train whistle. They had made it with enough time to catch up with their little group, and wave off Harry.

Lily waved towards Elodie, her hands on the shoulder of a girl Harry's age. She had married a Lucas Silvertongue, a Hufflepuff in the year below them. James was glad she was happy, and the two guys got along concerningly well. Elodie and Lily immediately regretted introducing them to one another as soon as Quidditch teams came into conversation.

Marlene had gotten married to Dorcas too, they were currently in the process of adopting another child to join their twins, who were returning for fourth year. Martin and Jacob Meadowes. (Elodie was in shock Marlene didn't put up a fight at taking Dorcas' surname.)

Mary was content with not having children just yet, but still came to wave off the rest of the kids.

"Mom?" Harry spoke nervously, gaining the attention of his mother. "What do I do if I'm put in the wrong house?" Elodie looked at James, who silently got the message to give them space. He took Theta off to speak to Lily's daughter, as Elodie knelt down. "Harry, darling. There's no such thing as the wrong house."

"I was meant to be a Ravenclaw, and I wasn't. And if I was, I wouldn't have met your dad, and your Uncle Moony, or your godfather, and aunts. No matter what happens, and what house you get, as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. Okay?" Harry nodded, a sad smile on his face as she pulled him in for a final hug.

"Oi, Bambi! Thought you'd get away without seeing off your Pads and Moony?!" A large manchild ran up to the two, and if Elodie hadn't known him she'd be worried he'd never return with her child. "Okay, love. Let him breathe." Remus called from behind his husband, who reluctantly let go.

"Thanks Uncle Moony." Harry smirked. "I thought I'd miss the train thanks to our pet." He had his fucking dad's humour for christ's sake. Elodie was going to have to write and apology to McGonagall when he arrives.

"I hate that he's like his stupid father." Sirius grumbled. James smacked him up the head, but beamed at Remus. "Right, do you have everything son?" Harry nodded, and James pulled him in for one last hug.

"Oh, shit nearly forgot-"

"Pads! Language."

"Sorry.." Sirius fished into his pockets, pulling out a scrap of parchment Elodie had become all too familiar with. "You know how to use it, Bambi?" Harry nodded, an ear to ear grin on his face. "And you have the cloak?" He nodded again.

The train whistled again, signalling it was time to go. "You write whenever you need to, okay? I'll miss you so much, baby."

"Mum, you're humiliating."

"Yeah well it's this or a letter of disownment on your bedside table."

"Stop trauma dumping to our son!"

The couple squabbled, but stopped immediately when they noticed Harry boarding. "We love you, Bambi! Send Minnie our best, yeah?!" James shouted, and Harry laughed and nodded before finding an empty compartment.

"She's so gonna quit this year. Harry, Martin, Jacob, Harvey, Lucy and then Theta in a couple years?" Elodie smiled. Harvey being the son of Remus and Sirius, who used floo powder to travel, complaining about hating the train one too many times last year.

"Oh, she'll be lucky if she gets through the term." Remus chimed in as Marlene, Dorcas, Mary, Lucas and Lily all joined them towards the end of the platform. They recounted the memories of the Gryffindor tower, aside from Dorcas and Lucas who stared at them as if they were insane.

"Anyone fancy a Butterbeer?"

"Fuck me, yes."

——————————
!AUTHORS NOTE!
and thats a wrap :} im sorry i couldnt think of anything else to write so i apologise if the epilogue was a bit rushed but i hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as i did writing it!