03: hogsmede

"I need to know how your relationship even started, Elodie please tell your auntie Marls!" Elodie giggled as she felt her bed sink down when Marlene sat on it with her. She closed the textbook, putting it to the side, and looking ar Marlene.

"How about you tell me what's going on with you and Dorcas first." The blonde turned bright red at the mention of her favourite Slytherin. "Don't even try to deny it, I've seen your little exchanges in the corridors. You aren't slick."

"It's just a little messing around." Elodie looked at her knowingly. "Honest! I don't know if I'm like, ready for a relationship - and she's okay with helping me figure it out. She's good like that."

El's heart warmed at the gesture. From the small conversations she's had with Dorcas, it seems in her nature to do something so kind. She's surprised she wasn't sorted into Hufflepuff. "Now, you and James. I won't tell anyone, pleeeease!"

Elodie sighed. "Fine." Now she was going to have to come up with a story on the spot, brilliant. "It did start in potions, start of the year. Just talking and joking and stuff, occasionally flirting." Marlene listened intently.

"Then, I don't know how to explain it- it just happened." Elodie laid down, head resting on her pillow.

"Hasn't he been like, completely in love with Lily though?"

"That's the first thing I said! Apparently it was misdirected feelings or something, I don't know." Elodie was quick on her feet with the logic, and apparently it was good enough since Marlene hummed in response. "I think you two are perfect for each other."

Elodie looked up at her in shock. Because no way in hell, is Marlene, Lily Evans' best friend, is saying that her and James Potter are perfect for one another. "R-Really?" She uttered out.

"Yeah, I mean, I've seen the way he's been looking at you in potions and stuff. Besides, you let him call you Ellie. He's the only person you haven't kicked in the shin for that." The way he's been looking at her? Has Marlene McKinnon officially gone insane?

Merlin, this is madness. Her and James Potter are not compatible. Not in a million years. He's James Potter, Hogwarts' heartthrob. And she's Elodie Westwood! Disappointment of the family. Practically nothing about the two made sense. She was more like Sirius, if anything.

The creaking of the door caused the two girls to spin their heads. Lily Evans stepped in, taking a look at the two girls and dropped her books on her bed. "James is downstairs for you, Elodie - said something about a date you were going on."

How is it that every time someone bring up James, he appears. She was starting to think he had supersonic hearing or something. Elodie looked at Lily, confusion visible on her face.

"Shit, were you not supposed to- forget I said anything. James is downstairs, he wants to study." She corrected, removing her robe. Why on earth was he taking her on a date at 6:30 in the evening.

Despite the weird time, she forced herself off the bed, saying a goodbye to the girls, choosing not to hear Marlene shouting something about using protection. And James indeed was downstairs, slouching in one of the red armchairs, talking eagerly with Sirius.

"Jamie, you wanted to see me?" She called from the balcony, and his head spun to hers similarly to the way a dog does when you say the word 'walk.'

James was exactly like a dog, he had so much energy all the time. He had that little smile on his face when you call his name, he tilted his head slightly to the right whenever he was confused. James was a dog. He had so much love to give, even if you don't want it.