Part 11

hi! 

"Hey detka, it's time to wake up." Wanda said softly, trying to coax the girl awake only to earn a few whines. "Come on baby, you need to wake up and get some breakfast."

After a few minutes of trying Wanda had finally gotten her out of bed, by picking her up of course but at least she was up. Now the only hard part was to keep her awake, to ease the amount of struggle she had decided she could use her magic to dress her, just this once...

Apparently Natasha didn't like what she had been clothed in because she instantly began pulling at her jacket. "Baby leave it on, it's gonna be colder today." Nat started to cry trying to pull it off. "Okay fine." Wanda sighed, starting to unzip it but the little kept struggling. "Baby stop it." Wanda huffed, "I can't take it off if you keep moving like that." Wanda didn't mean to be so harsh but she was getting more and more frustrated with her behavior.

As soon as the jacket was off Nat had picked up another one that was practically identical, except this one was Wanda's. "Baby, that's the same jacket as you had on." Wanda sighed running her hands through her hair, Nat hadn't stopped crying all morning and Wanda was past being stressed. Wanda waved her wrist and the jacket was placed on the russian.

The little had settled down as soon as the jacket was on her, the wails and sobs had turned into silent tears. Wanda sighed, walking off to go to make breakfast Nat followed letting out a loud cry. "Do you want me to carry you?" Wanda asked, trying to hide her frustration but when the little shook her head she turned around again, Natasha didn't take it well, she started wailing again, flapping her arms in the air.

"Hey, what's going on?" Wanda sighed with relief when Clint walked in. "I don't know, she keeps crying and I don't know why, she won't talk to me and I don't know how to fix it." Wanda huffed it was barely 8am and she was already exhausted and ready to give up.

"Hey Tasha. You okay?" Clint asked softly, the russian shook her head, she didn't know why she felt so weird. "Are you scared or sad?" She nodded, clint frowned a little. "Which one? Both?" Natasha just stared at him blankly. "Oh, you can't talk. Okay let's play the hand game, Are you sad? Or scared?" He asked, holding out his left hand then his right.

Wanda watched in amazement as the two started communicating just by Nat touching one of his hands to each question he asked. He had figured out in less than two minutes she was scared, non verbal, wanted cereal for breakfast, hugs and to watch a movie and drink apple juice.

"How did you do that?" Wanda asked, completely shocked. "The first time she had panic attacks with me I didn't know how to handle it. She couldn't talk but I didn't know what she wanted so I just gave her options. If she wanted water or not, music, to be alone or hugs/touch and she'd point to it. It just stuck I guess."

"Well it's good you were here, I'd have been stuck here all morning." Wanda tried to laugh it off but the archer knew it was bothering her. "It's not your fault Wanda she's just frustrated because she can't communicate how she wants. And there's no way you could've known she was non verbal. Sometimes little's cry and it seems like its for no reason"

"But there was a reason, I should've picked up on it." The sokovian cursed herself looking at the little girl who was sitting on the floor drinking a carton of apple juice in her own world. "I'm supposed to be taking care of her and I was just getting annoyed with her. She trusts me and I keep failing."

"Come with me." The man replied, taking her hand. "Clint I can't just leave Nat." Wanda exclaimed, "She'll be fine. It will take two minutes at most." The two headed to Nat's room. "I promised I wouldn't show you this so if she tries to kill me you have to stop her." Wanda furrowed her brow watching as the archer grabbed a book from her bookshelf.

"Here." Wanda took the small piece of paper that had been tucked inside and unfolded it. It was a drawing of the two of them surrounded by as many red hearts as could fit on the page. "That doesn't look like someone who's failing to me." Wanda's eyes filled with tears as she stared at the drawing. "She really cares about you Wanda."

"I really care about her too." Wanda smiled, wiping her eyes.