2 | JOLENE

"JOLENE, JOLENE, JOLENE, Jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him just because you can." She sang into the microphone.

While the music was very similar to the songs the average person would hear on the radio, the lyrics send some of the crowd into slight shock. She was singing about a woman trying to take another womans man. This was unheard of.

"Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you
Jolene."

Elvis smiled, watching as the girl began to relax. There was always a tell tale sign that Elvis knew, that always told him when Jamie was falling into her music.

"He talks about you in his sleep
And there's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when he calls your name
Jolene
And I can easily understand
How you could easily take my man
But you don't know what he means to me.
Jolene."

Elvis watched her eyes flutter shut and she began to sway to the music.

"Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him just because you can"

A few of the young, boisterous men called out a couple times during the song. But it never distracted the young girl as she seemed to be almost completely lost in her music now.

"You could have your choice of men
But I could never love again
He's the only one for me
Jolene
I had to have this talk with you
My happiness depends on you
And whatever you decide to do
Jolene."

Elvis was now becoming nervous as her song came to an end, he was now next to play. He turned on his feet and headed outside.

"Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him even though you can
Jolene, Jolene."

The crowd let out some light cheers, once again mainly from men who were intrigued by her choice of lyrics and now wanted to know what type of woman she was.

She said a quick thanks into the microphone before exiting the stage, wondering where Elvis had gotten to. The announcer decided to let a small break happen before Elvis went on, which gave the girl enough time go find and talk to him.

Jamie walked outside and down the stairs, finding her friend leaning over a water fountain. She walked over and watched as he moved to lean against the wall. He smiled when he saw her.

" You were amazing, Ja-Jamie." He stuttered out, his nervousness becoming obvious.

The girl placed her hand on his arm. "You'll be fine, E. Just remember everything you told me and say it to yourself. I promise it ain't as scary once you start singing."

The boy looked at her through a piece of black hair that had fallen out of place. "Thanks little mama."

She held her hand out for him to take. Once he did, she pulled him off the wall and stood him straight. She fixed the collar of his jacket and brushed off some dirt.

"You will be great, E." She smiled, going on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

He smiled more at the action and opened his mouth to say something, only to be shouted over by someone saying he needed to be on stage.

He looked back at her, quickly kissing her cheek before racing up the stairs, snatching his guitar off someone and making his way onto stage.

Jamie slowly made her way up and by the time she stood off the side of the stage, Elvis was already singing.

"Oh, baby, baby, baby, baby baby
Baby, baby baby, be-be-be-be-be-be baby baby, baby
Baby baby baby
Come back, baby, I want to play house with you."

"Get a haircut, fairy!" Someone shouted from the audience.

Jamie huffed slightly. Of course Elvis looked odd, he dyed his hair black, wore black style clothes that were father big on him in pink and had eye liner (done curtesy of Jamie). But that was nothing...that was Elvis.

"Well, you may go to college
You may go to school
You may have a pink Cadillac
But don't you be nobody's fool
Now baby come back, baby, come
Come back, baby, come
Come back, baby I want to play house with you."

Jamie bit her lip, she'd seen Elvis record and sing many times but the moments he made always made her feel something. Something she was too scared to ever let anybody know about.

"Now listen and I'll tell you baby
What I'm talking about
Come on back to me, little girl
So we can play some house."

Suddenly a feminine shriek came from the audience, catching quite a few people off guard.

"Now baby come back, baby, come
Come back, baby, come
Come back, baby
I want to play house!."

More feminine shrieks seemed to follow. This time Elvis backed off from the microphone, heading back to his band mates to ask about the shrieking. He even glanced at Jamie who shrugged in response to his silent questioning.

"Now this is one thing, baby
That I want you to know
Come on back and let's play a little house
And we can act like we did before
Well, baby come back, baby, come
Come back, baby, come
Come back, baby I want to play house with you."

Jamie's mouth slowly fell open at the sight of her best friend moving his hips and legs in a way she had never seen before. Girls from the audience began to stand and make their way to the front of the stage.

The men in the audience looked annoyed at the reaction of the girls, fawning over a man who was moving inappropriately. But Elvis didn't seem to notice much as he just moved in the way the music was telling him to.

Elvis leaned towards the gaggle of girls, but that only led to him being nearly dragged down by them. He had to pull off his jacket to get away.

The curtains fell to a close and Jamie headed over to Elvis, wanting to see if he was okay.