18 | BIRTHDAY

1977.

It had been nearly four years since Elvis had left Colonel Tom Parker.

It had been nearly three years since the Colonel had been convicted of mishandling Elvis money. Unfortunately, the man only spent a few months in prison.

It had been nearly three years since Jamie and Elvis' love had been rekindled.

It had been nearly two years since Elvis had decided to come back out into the spot light.

Jamie was now 41 and was still strong in her career, but she had decided to calm down on her tours. She mainly wrote songs from home, recorded and released them. She did a few shows but more so for charity events and the like.

Elvis was now 42, and back on stage. He was slowly paying Jamie back for the money she had loaned. He didn't mind, he was enjoying himself. He was also three years sober from drugs, having deciding that they weren't worth losing his family over.

Lisa-Marie was 14. She was a bright young girl who happened to be taking an interest in music, which made both her parents rather happy but also worried. They vowed to protect her if she continued down the entertainment pathway.

Jesse was 11. He was just a young boy enjoying life. He had a creative side, much like the rest of his family, but he was creative in the way of painting and drawing. He loved it and he loved showing it off to his family.

The Presley's were a close family, even after their years apart. Elvis was the father and husband Jamie had always wanted him to be.

They were happy.

Jamie laid on the couch, a book in his hands. She felt pressure on the book and it being moved away from her eye sight. It was instead replaced by Elvis, who had a happy little smile on his face.

"Hi baby."

"Hi, E." Jamie chuckled. "Can I ask why you're interrupting my reading?"

"Have you forgot what today is?"

She rolled her eyes and sat up. "You know I don't celebrate."

He smiled and took her book. "You gotta trust me, baby. It ain't a celebration. Now close your eyes."

The woman gave him an odd look but she did so and closed her eyes. She soon heard childish giggling and lots of shuffling, following with hushing that was clearly from Elvis. Jamie say with a smile on her face, imaging all the things her family were doing.

"Okay." Jesse spoke, his voice appearing to be opposite Jamie. "You can open you eyes, mama."

Jamie did so and let out a small gasp. She saw in front of her, a homemade cake. It was decorated with pink chocolate frosting and iced words. Happy birthday!

She looked at her two children, both seemed to happy with their work. This hands were behind their backs.

"Blow out the candles, honey." Elvis said. "Before wax ends up in the cake."

She chuckled and leaned forward.

"Dont forget to make a wish." Lisa smiled.

Jamie smiled widely and closed her eyes for a second before blowing out the candle.

"What did you wish for?" Jesse asked curiously.

The woman shook her head. "I cant say, it's a secret."

"Time for presents, go on Jesse." Elvis clapped his hands together.

The young boy bounced over to his mother and placed a small box on her lap beside sitting beside her.

She carefully unwrapped it and then pulled the top off the box. She smiled at the small canvas as she pulled it out. It was a painting done by Jesse of her and Elvis, it was an incredible piece.

"Awh, thank you, Jesse. Its wonderful. I'm putting right up on the wall there." She pointed to an empty spot in the wall.

"Good, I wanted it to go there." Jesse smiled.

"My turn." Lisa said, walking over and holding out her gift.

Elvis walked over and took the trash from Jamie's lap to allow her to open Lisa's gift.

It was in a small bag and so she opened it. Inside was a small box, when she opened it she found quite a beautiful hair clip. On closer inspection, it was homemade with fake diamonds on it. But that didn't mean Jamie loved it any less.

"Its beautiful, I'll wear it at my next performance." Jamie promised.

"Time for cake!" Elvis announced, making the two kids rush into the kitchen.

Jamie chuckled and the parents followed their children. The rest of the day consisted off the family playing some games, watching a movie and having a very tasty take out after Elvis accidently burnt dinner.

As she got into bed that night, she thought about how amazing her life had turned out. Although she had some very rocky patches, she couldn't have asked for a better life.

"Hey baby." Elvis said, walking into the room. "Your birthday isn't over yet."

Jamie sat up and saw that Elvis had his hands behind his back. He walked over and presented her with a small box. She gently took it and opened it.

"Oh, E." She gasped. "You shouldn't have."

"I-I paid for it myself. It wasn't that expensive, so don't worry about the pri-"

"I love it."

She pulled out the item, a silver chain necklace with a opal pendant. She handed it to him and pulled her hair to the side. He smiled and put in on her, leaving a small, quick kiss on her neck.

"I love it." She repeated, looking down at it.

"I'm glad, little mama." He kissed her cheek. "Did you have good birthday?"

"I had an amazing birthday, E."

"Can I asked what you wished for?" He climbed into bed beside his wife.

Jamie settled into bed and looked at her husband.

"I wished that our lives stay happy and healthy forever."

"I would have wished for a million dollars."

Jamie let out a laugh. "Of course you would, baby. I'm not surprised."