13 | I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Trigger Warning
Miscarriage

     "I DONT KNOW why you just can't let the lawyers take care of it." Jamie sighed. "That's what I did."

"I have to see him in Vagas." Elvis replied. "Hes in the hospital, its the right thing to do."

Jamie rolled her eyes as she placed her tooth brush away. "You know what he's like, baby."

She let out a small yelp as Elvis smacked her butt as she walked by him. She rolled her eyes playfully and gone into bed as Elvis finished up in the bathroom.

"You know what he's like, the second you're near him you'll be under ten feet of snow before you know what's happened."

"My minds made up, business is business. He and I are done. But I owe it to him to tell him to his face."

Jamie sighed, placing her hand on her enlarged stomach. "Well, just make sure he doesn't clip your wings, baby."

"He won't." Elvis said, walking over to the bed. "I am gonna see him in Vegas. I'm gonna look him in the eyes and I'm gonna tell him...I'm gonna tell him it's over."

Jamie wanted to go with Elvis to talk to the Colonel but due to her being a few months months into her pregnancy, Elvis didn't want her to travel. He would rather she stayed at home where it was safe.

But she took his advice and stayed at home, watching her two children play together. A few hours later, she was alone in her room when she felt an odd pain in her stomach.

She looked down to see some blood pooling at her feet and dripping down her leg.

"Oh god." She gasped, moving over to the door, she opened it quickly. "Jerry!"

The man took only seconds to appear and when he saw the blood, his face paled. He quickly ushered her to the car and he drove her straight to the hospital, leaving Lisa and Jesse with a nanny.

Jerry called Elvis when Jamie was sent to surgery. Elvis was immediately worried, it sounded like Jamie had a miscarriage. He quickly made his way back to Memphis.

He rushed into the hospital. "Mrs Presley. I'm here to see Mrs Jamie Presley."

The receptionist, rather awe struck at the man in front of her, quickly collected herself and told him the room number.

He raced down the hall, looking for the room. He found Jerry pacing outside of one of the rooms and so he assumed that Jamie was inside.

Jerry have him a sad look but said nothing and so Elvis went inside.

There he saw a pale looking Jamie, staring out of the window, her hands over her stomach which didn't seem as large as the other day. She took her eyes away from the window and looked at her husband.

He made his way over, sitting on the edge of the bed. He put his hand on her face as she began to cry.

"Baby, why you crying?"

"I lost her." She sobbed. "I lost our daughter."

He leaned down, holding his wife close. "Honey, you didn't do anything. It-it happens. Its not your fault."

It broke his heart seeing her like this, it reminded him of when she lost her father and he found her in the bathroom, crying over the toilet.

He pulled away slightly, looking down at her. "I don't wanna hear you blame yourself for this, baby. You ain't done nothing wrong."

Jamie just cried at the loss of her child, she cried for a while and by the time she calmed down. She and Elvis had been sat in silence, the latter rocking his wife gently.

"How did I go with the Colonel?" She asked softly, wanting to distract herself.

He paused. "You don't wanna hear about that baby."

"Please." She whispered. "I need something else to think about."

Elvis sighed. "One last show with him baby, the International Hotel in Vegas. It needs traction, its free for me, won't cost anything.

"E." She sighed. "I thought you were gonna stop. We planned to work together on our own."

"I-I know, baby. But I really think this is a good idea. Afterwards we fo International, we go abroad. Shows all around the world."

Jamie paused and slowly nodded. "Just, don't get dragged into anything baby. I trust what you're doing but I don't want the Colonel to over take again."

"He won't baby."

After a few months of physically healing for her miscarriage, Jamie flew to Vegas to watch Elvis preform for the first time in the International Hotel.

"I'd like to introduce to you to a couple people tonight, one of which being my beautiful wife, Jamie. I'm sure you all know who that lovely lady is, but I know her as the love of my life and the mother to my beautiful children."

Many people cheered for the singer as the spotlight moved on her. A few people shouted for her to join her husband on stage and sing a song.

"I'm sure she'll come and sing a song for you all later. Also, this man over here, I wouldn't be here without, my manager of many years, Colonel Sanders. Parker. Parker."

People laughed at the joke Elvis made.

"Well, we're gonna do a new song for you tonight. Its called Suspicious Minds."

Jamie watched with a smile as her husband danced around energetically as he sang. She cheered for him as the song ended. He looked over the crowd, his eyes landing on Jamie. He blew a kiss towards her as a woman grabbed onto his leg.

Jamie stood, making her way towards the stage. Elvis offered his hand and helped her up.

"Looks like someone's come to sing us a little song." People cheered at the pair. "What you gonna sing, little mama?"

She was handed a mic and she smiled. "Well, I think I'll sing you all I song I wrote quite recently. I haven't even recorded it yet."

The crowd let out some noise.

"Just be glad the band knows the music." She chuckled as the orginal band came out.

"If I should stay
Well I would only be in your way
And so I'll go, and yet I know
I'll think of you each step of the way
And I will always love you
I will always love you
Bitter-sweet memories
That's all I'm taking with me
Good-bye, please don't cry
'Cause we both know that I'm not
What you need
But I will always love you
I will always love you
And I hope life, will treat you kind
And I hope that you have all
That you ever dreamed of
Oh I do wish you joy
And I wish you happiness
But above all this
I wish you love
I love you
I will always love you
I, I will always, always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you."

At the end of the song, she kissed her husband and the pair smiled brightly.