9 | THE MARRIED LIFE

JAMIE PACED AROUND the room, fighting the urge to bite her nails. She was stood alone, and only now was she regretting the fact that she didn't want to be walked down the aisle by anyone.

Vernon had offered but she refused, knowing that Elvis wanted his father to be best man. Jamie barely had any bridesmaids. It was made up of the wives of those in the Memphis Mafia. So she felt rather alone at the moment.

She heard a knock on the door, then a familiar voice.

"Hey, honey." Elvis spoke. "Daddy said you been looking nervous. Everything okay?"

Jamie walked over to the door and sighed. "I am nervous, E."

He opened the door slightly, only placing his hand through. Jamie reached out and took it, he gave her a reassuring squeeze, as he had done many times before.

"Everything will be fine. What you nervous about darlin'."

"Everyone staring."

He let out a laugh. "You preform in front of thousands of people, and you're nervous about this."

"I'm walking down the aisle alone, Elvis. This was something I was hoping to do with my father."

Jamie heard Elvis mutter something before he came into the room, his eyes closed and his free arm in front of him. Jamie chuckled at his actions, she stepped in front of him and placed his wandering hand on her shoulder.

He slowly wrapped her in a hug, bring careful not to snag her dress. He kept his eyes closed the whole time.

"How about my daddy walk you?"

"I couldn't ask for that, E. He's your best man."

"He'll be my best man, either way darlin'." He pulled away, his eyes still shut although it looked like he was struggling to not take a peak at her. "I'll ask."

He went to leave the room but paused. "I cant wait to see you, I know I'll cry like a little baby."

Jamie chuckled. "You better or else I  am turning around and leaving you at the alter."

After Elvis left, Jamie put on her veil and stared at herself in the mirror. Vernon knocked on the door before coming in, his eyes almost immediately started tearing up.

"Oh don't." Jamie chuckled, trying to stop herself from tearing up. "If you start crying, I will and I'll ruin my makeup."

Vernon walked over, taking Jamie's hands. "You are just so beautiful. I remember you when you just a few years old. It feels like time has flown by."

Jamie smiled. "It really does. I'll be a Presley."

"You'll be my daughter."

Not long after, Jamie found herself linked armed with Vernon and about to walk down the aisle. She took a deep breath and the doors opened. She began to walk down the aisle, her eyes locked on Elvis. His back was turned.

She saw him take a deep breath and when he turned, he nearly burst out crying...like a baby. The walk down the aisle felt like forever but soon Jamie was stood at the alter, holding hands with Elvis.

"You may now, kiss the bride."

Jamie felt Elvis dip her before he locked their lips. Everyone cheered and Jamie Newburn became Jamie Presley.

The reception was filled with enjoyable memories, Jamie did get slightly frustrated with the camera following her around but otherwise she had one of the best nights of her life.

One of her favourite parts being when she managed to smash cake into Elvis' face. He took his revenge and smashed some onto hers, not enough to ruin her make up, which she was thankfully for.

Their first dance was recorded and that became Jamie's favourite video, one she watched back countless times.

That night, Elvis walked into Graceland with his bride in his arms. He rather quickly, made his way up into their new room, which was just Elvis' with Jamie's things moved in. He tossed her gently on the bed and climbed over her.

"That was the most fun I've ever had." He smiled, placing kisses all over Jamie's face, making her giggle.

"It was." Jamie smiled, catching her breath when Elvis stopped the kisses.

They stared at each other. They knew what the wedding night held but Jamie, well, she was worried.

Elvis climbed off her and then helped her up. He watched her walk into the bathroom with a small bag, he tiled his head in curiosity but Jamie have his no hint.

Jamie closed the door and carefully took off her reception dress, having changed into after the ceremony. She folded it up and the opened the small bag. It was a gift from one of the married girl in the Memphis Mafia. She gasped and blushed when she saw the lacy underwear and matching bra.

She didn't know couples planned their wedding night so well. In all honesty, Jamie didn't know what was really in store. She had never had sex. Of course, Elvis had, he knew what he was doing but Jamie had no clue.

She shook her thoughts away and put the underwear set on, it flattered her nicely. She freshened up and then peaked out of the bathroom door. Elvis was laid on the bed, his arm over his eyes.

He looked up when he heard the squeak of the bathroom door. His eyes widened slightly as he saw what his wife was wearing. He moved to the end of the bed.

"Damn, mama." He licked his lips. "You look beautiful."

Jamie blushed and walked over. "Just a little gift."

"For me?" He asked, pulling her between his legs and resting his hands on the back of her thighs.

Jamie looked down at him, he had stripped out of his suit, now only his his underwear. She placed her hands on his shoulders.

"For me, but I guess they're a gift for you too." She teased slightly, having a sudden burst of confidence.

Elvis hummed happily and smirked. "I love them, you look so beautiful honey."

Jamie let out a small squeal when Elvis quickly stood up and tossed her on the bed. He leaned over her, watching her carefully.

"I know you've never done this baby." His voice dropped, much like his head which made his way down to her neck. "But I'll take care of you, I promise."

He began to leave kisses all over her neck, then he switched to hickeys, leaving small light ones along her collar bone. He pulled away and looked back at her face, she had her eyes closed and was biting her lip to hold back some noises.

"Come on darlin'." He said, pushing a strand of hair out of her face. "I wanna hear those noises you make, makes me know I'm doing a good job, baby."

Jamie opened her eyes and dropped her lip from between her teeth. Elvis smiled and his head dipped down once again.

That night contained everything Jamie had ever heard about sex, and Jesus did it live up to what people had said.