four.

The Fellowship

{Word Count: 612}

{Word Count: 612}

  Callon and Aegnor turned towards Tari " this is what father and mother wanted." Tari nodded at her older brother. Her mothers words now linger in her mind, "Ignore their whispers, and prove them wrong." Had this been what she meant?

Callon grabbed his sister's hand, " If ada (father) and naneth (mother) believe this is our destiny, we should join him." Tari and Aegnor nodded. " We will follow after you sister, its up to you." She sighed and look up to Elrond, then to Frodo. If they wanted to prove their selves this was the way.

Tari dropped her brothers hand and walk forward and kneeled infront of Frodo. " I know the people here do not trust my family. But I promise you, we will protect you until our dying day." Frodo smiled down at the elf and to her brothers, which they return.

The Mirkwood elves stood up in protest but a simple raise of a hand of Elrond stopped them. Aragon stood up " by my life or death I can protect you, and I will." He makes his way over to Frodo and kneels before him also. " you have my sword." Tari smiled at Aragon and made her way to stand beside Gandalf and her brothers.

The Prince of Mirkwood walked forward " and you have my bow." Well this is going to be a great journey, Tari thought to her self. " and my axe." A dwarf walked forward with his axe raised.

Before a few minutes ago, Tari would had never pictured themselves going on a journey with the two races that hated her family the most. Boromir steps forward, " you carry fate of us all, little one." He paused for a moment looking at the Feur's. " If this is indeed the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done." Tari had only known this man for an hour, but she already could tell he wasn't joining the fellowship for the right reasons.

A shout erupted from behind Frodo, before Samwise join his side. " Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me!" He states with his arms crossed. Tari smiled at the two hobbits, she had wished she had a friend like Sam.

Elrond playfully scolds him " no indeed, it is hardly impossible to separate you two." Sam's eyes widen at his tone causing Tari's smile to grow. " Even when he's summoned to a secret council and you are not." Elrond says with a small smirk and his eyebrows raised. The Feur's all let out a chuckle, they all knew Elrond wasn't mad at Sam but Sam's face showed that he didn't.

Another shout was heard from behind Elrond. "We're coming too." Merry and Pippin ran to Frodo and Sam. " you'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us." They stopped infront of Tari. "hey Tari!" they both said at the same time before turning to Elrond. "Anyway you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission.... quest.... thing." Tari grabbed Pippin's shoulder before saying " I am sure you'll give us just that." causing everyone else to laugh Pippin just smiled, not understanding what she meant by that.

Once the laughter quit Elrond began to speak, " 12 companions, you shall be the fellowship of the ring." Elrond met the eyes of the Feur's, he smiled at them and nodded his head. Pippin's voice yet again spoke, " so where are we going?" causing the dwarf to groan and the rest to laugh.

******

Im sorry this chapter is so short but I had a hard time writing it, I didn't want you guys to wait anymore so I hope you like it.