eight.

Misjudgment

(Word Count:1055)

(Word Count:1055)

  Tari stood protectively in front of the hobbits, her bow in hand nocked with an arrow. Aragon and Boromir slam and wedge the doors, while the others stood back their weapons out and ready.

" They have a cave-troll!" Boromir shouts, she heard the hobbits suck in a breath. She turned towards them bending down to their height. " Whatever may happen, stay calm and be brave." She knew the hobbits weren't used to violence, they weren't trained well enough for this moment.

" you stay behind me." She sternly spoke eyeing each of the hobbits making sure they heard her. " Be brave." Her eyes landed on Pippin. Who nodded at her words, his face held a look of determination, she felt oddly protective of him alone. She did care for the other three, but there was something about him that reminded her of her sister.

  The door bursts open in a shower of wood fragments, Tari turned just as 20 goblins charge into the tomb. Tari went through arrow after arrow, Legolas did as well, Gimli ducks a blow and immediately buries his axes in
2 goblin helmets. Aragorn, Aegnor, Callon and Boromir wade into the mass of goblins with their swords. Gandalf is clutching his sword, glambering, and joins in the
battle.

The cave troll busts through the door sweeping his club at Aragorn who stumbles backwards, the huge club descends for the killing blow. Suddenly, in a flash of steel, Callon's long sword slices into the scaly arm of the troll; it rears back, spewing green blood.

It seemed as if every orc Tari shot down three more appeared in their place, with a grunt she replaced her bow with her sword cutting an Orcs head off just before Legolas shot it. She sent him a cocky grin but quickly lost when the troll stepped in front of her view staring down at her.

Her heart pounded against her chest so hard she thought it would bust through her chest. It reached for the blonde, thirsty for blood. She barely managed to outrun his club, slicing his legs as she slid. But it was no use the troll still stood his ground, his attention now on the dwarf.

Tari looked for the sliver hair of her brothers, she sighed when she found both alive and well. Her gaze then fell onto the hobbits who hid behind a pillar, satisfied with her findings she continued alive down orc after orc. Their blood spraying across her face as the mist of the morning does.

Next thing she knew Legolas jumped down beside her off of the trolls back shooting the orc in front of her, making her miss her shot her arrow landing in the stone wall behind of it. He sent her the same cocky grin she did earlier before shooting at another orc who made its way to them. Neither of them spoke a word, but they would sneak glances at each other when the other was busy killing.

" Tari!" She turned towards Pippins voice, to see Frodo being dragged off a balcony by the cave troll. Aegnor sent her a look and she returned it, she sprinted towards him. The noise around her faded away, she jumped up, her feet landing in his hands as he pushed her up. She soared through the room, the others watched in amazement - even the living Orcs turned to look. The Fuer girl landed on the troll just as it pushed Aragon and Callon into a wall.

She tried to balance herself on his head as the troll took swings at Frodo, when she finally did it was to late it had stabbed the little hobbit. She gasped as anger filled the pit of her stomach, the ring of a sword echoed in her brain. Tari raised it up, slamming it into the trolls head - in between the two arrows Legolas had put there before. The squelch of the flesh, and the crunch of its skull echoed over the room made her smirk. She hadn't noticed that Merry and Pippin had also jumped on its back until Pip shouted for her once again.

" Pippin, Merry?" Before the hobbits could answer the troll collapsed, slinging the three of them off. They landed at the feet of her brothers, Aegnor tried to help her up but she shrugged him off, sprinting to where she last saw Frodo.

" Frodo." She cried once she saw him laid on the ground, she cradled his body in her lap, sobbing. It was her fault, if she would have been quicker. She kept repeating that over and over in her head until a hand rested on her shoulder. Looking up she expected to find one of her brother, Pippin or Aragorn but not Gandalf.

" he is not dead."  He spoke calmly. How could he speak so calmly in a time like this, she thought.

" I watched him get stabbed through the stomach, no hobbit would survive that."

He simply smiled and bent down with her. " Well, this one did." He unbuttoned the hobbits tunic, a bright light appearing from his chest.

" Mithril." Tari gasped clutching the hobbit into a hug, the tears that she'd now were ones of joy unlike the sorrow before.

Frodo coughed making the woman pull away, she smiled down at him as his eyes fluttered open. Once he looked back up at her, she hugged him once more.

Aegnor placed a hand on her shoulder, just as Gandalf done moments ago. " Let's let the boy breathe." He spoke pulling Tari away from the Hobbit.

The Fuer family stepped away reuniting with one another, Callon placed a hand on her face not caring it was covered in orc blood. The three siblings were half elf, so unfortunately they did not have the charm of looking perfect at all times.

Gandalf approached the family with a smile. " I have come to apologize, it seems I have misjudged your family." He spoke his gaze focusing more on Tari. But suddenly more Orcs shadows appeared outside the door, their swords clanging together as they ran.

" To the bridge of Khazad-dum!"

[Authors Note]
• I know that's not exactly how Frodo's 'death' goes but it's for the plot. But anyways I hope you enjoy and have a great day or night!!!