five.

Farewell

{Word Count: 1189}

{Word Count: 1189}

Tari stood with Arwen and Elrond at the gates of Rivendell. " I will miss you Mellon." Arwen said while pulling the blonde in for a hug. " I as well." She replied pulling away. " you will miss yourself?" Arwen asks with a laugh but is soon interrupted as a gush of wind went by them.

  They both turned to see Pippin standing with a bow behind his back, as he looked up at the sky like it was the most interesting thing. Aegnor walked to him yanking the bow from his hand while glaring at him, making Pippin run off with wide eyes.

The two she elves laughed, Elrond walked up to them and placed a hand on Tari's shoulder " are you ready, my dear?" He asked with a smile, she nodded and joined the rest of the fellowship.

Elrond started his speech " The Ring- bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom." Tari smiled down at the little hobbits who stood in front of her. " you who travel with him, no bond or oath is laid to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose." He said the last bit while looking at the Fuers.

" May the blessing of Elves and Men and all free folk go with you." He said moving his hand to his chest then extending it, the Fuers, Legolas, and Aragorn return it.

" The Fellowship awaits the Ring- Bearer." The wizard says as they make a path so Frodo can take the lead. Frodo slowly turns around, walking to the gates. Tari smiles as he looks to her when he walks by.

As he reached the front Frodo and Gandalf began to speak. " Mordor, Gandalf is it left or right?" The Fuers group up at the back turning to look to Elrond, he just smiled at them.

" Tari, we're leaving." Aragon informed her as they turn around following the fellowship. As they reached the top of the mountain, Tari turned back for a last look towards her second home. A place she may never see again.

Callon grabbed her shoulder " we have to go, sister." He said while he too looked upon Rivendell, to memorize it as if they would forget.

As they turned walking away from Rivendell, the sun darkened - warning them- but they paid it no attention as they jogged to catch the others.

<•*•>

    The Fellowship trek through a land of deep valleys and turbulent water. The Misty Mountains rise sharply to their left. The Fuers still got disgusted looks from the Mirkwood prince and the wizard. Gimli and Boromir seemed to be warming up to them, Tari had apologized to them about how she acted the day of the council meeting but Legolas would not give in, he insisted on ignoring them.

" We must hold to this course, west of the Misty Mountains, for forty days. If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there, our
road turns east, to Mordor." Gandalf tells everyone as they stop upon a rocky hill.

Sam started to cook their meal, while Boromir, Aragorn and Aegnor tried to train Merry and Pippin, Tari and Callon sat down with her book studying it the best they could, while the rest just watched the training.

" Crebain from Dunland!" Legolas suddenly yelled the fellowship scramble under what little cover there
is as a regiment of large crows fly overhead at great speed, wheeling and circling above. As their dark shadow passes over the fellowship a single harsh croak is heard...and the crows suddenly wheel away, back towards the south.

They all come out of hiding, The Feur siblings all look to one another before looking back to the others, they will most likely get blamed for this. But to their surprise no one did not even Legolas.

"Spies of Saruman. The passage south is being watched." Gandalf informs them, he looks at Aragon, turns to the others then gestures towards a high mountain pass. " We must take the Pass of Caradhras."

The Feurs followed behind as the fellowship clamber through rock and snow. Frodo slips on some shale, Tari gasps in shock and rushed forward but Aegnor held her back. As the Hobbit scrambled to his feet, the ring falls on the ground. The ring gleams in the snow, Tari shares a look with Gandalf as Boromir's hand picks it up by the chain.

He stands, the ring dangling before his eyes. He seem to grow in stature, as if absorbing its power, Tari's eyes move to Aragon who warily approaches him. She began to pick at the skin on her fingers, if not for Callon grabbing her hand she would've made them bleed.

Boromir stands there motionless, he stares at the ring as if transfixed. The tension in the air was heavy it was almost suffocating. " Boromir?" Aragon asks as he came to a stop in front of the man.

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing ... such a little
thing." He said examining the ring, this was not good.

" Boromir ... give the Ring to Frodo." Aragon says lowly and placed his hand on the hilt of his sword, Aegnor copied his actions and walked closer. A weird smile lights up on Boromir's face, he suddenly snaps out of his trance and hands the ring to Frodo. They all let out a breath of relief, and their shoulders loosen as the tension disappears.

" as you wish I care not." He said with a smile and ruffles the hobbits hair as he grabs the ring and places it back around his neck. Aragon and Aegnor unhand their swords and the Fellowship is off once again.

<•*•>

The fellowship struggle through a blinding blizzard, up towards the pass of Caradhars. Callon and Aegnor helped carry the hobbits, while Tari and Legolas went ahead. A voice is heard in the wind they both paused and looked at one another, before Legolas broke the eye contact and looked towards Gandalf. " There is a fell voice on the air."

" It's Saruman." Suddenly rocks Shale began to fall from the mountain, Tari pushed her back against the wall of the mountain with a sigh.

Aragon said urgently " He's trying to bring down the mountain. Gandalf! We must turn back!" But he just denied him raising his staff and chanting into the wind, but it wasn't working. Saruman's voice strengthens rolling past the fellowship like thunder a lightning crack explodes on the mountainside above
them.

They looks up in horror as a huge snow avalanche
thunders down towards them. Legolas pulls Tari and Gandalf to safety. Aragorn shields Frodo and Sam as snow piles around them. Within moments, the
pass is blocked and the fellowship are enveloped in snow. Boromir and Aragorn frantically dig for the Hobbits who are pulled out shivering and fearful.
Aegnor pulls Tari up and dusts all the snow off her.

{Authors Note}

• I'm so so so sorry for the slow update but I hope you enjoy and have a great day or night!!!