Record #02 - A Sign of Trust

You have been holding Roger's hand while following him blindfolded for a while now and you have no idea where you're going aside from accidentally tripping over and bumping into people.

"Oh. Woah!! Come on, (First Name)!! I found our second crewmate!!" Roger said as he started running, forgetting to hold your hand.

"Wait up, Roger!!" you called out as you slithered but tripped in the process.

"Ah, sorry, (First Name)" Roger apologized as he helped you up. "We're here so let me call up our second crewmate"

"Hey, that's a nice ship!!" Roger said as he put his straw hat on his head.

"I stole it. My house got burned down so Im living here"

You couldn't see the person who Roger was talking to so you just listened to their conversation quietly.

"Yeah? And what's your name?" Roger asked.

"Rayleigh" the person answered and then looked at the both of you.

"I'm Roger!! I think we were destined to meet, Rayleigh!!" Roger said with his usual smile.

You gave Rayleigh a bitter smile as you have heard this before when he tried to recruit you. Correction, forced.

"Destined?" Rayleigh questioned.

"Do you wanna turn the world upside down with me?" Roger asked, ignoring Rayleigh's question.

"Huh? The world?" Rayleigh questioned before laughing. "Who are you and where are you from? Go away!!"

"Your ship is small but it can endure storms if you handle it right. It's perfect for us to set sail in!!" Roger said.

"Us? Set sail? Don't decide for me. Why should I join you?" Rayleigh responded.

"Like I said, to turn the world upside down!! Alright, let's set sail, Rayleigh!!" Roger laughed.

"Alright, alright but first, who is she?" Rayleigh asked, pointing at you.

"Oh, this is our first mate, (First Name)" Roger introduced you.

"Why is she wearing a blindfold?" he questioned.

Before Roger could answer, you cut him off and answered yourself.

"Because of my curse, if you look at me in the eyes, you will be turned to stone which is why I'm blindfolded"

"Won't that be inconvenient if your eyes are covered like this?"

"That's fine. I don't want to any accidental stone statues . . ." you replied softly.

"Alright. Just get in and we'll set sail" Rayleigh stated and Roger jumped onto the ship.

"Aren't you forgetting someone?" Rayleigh stared at Roger.

"Oh, right!! Come on, (First Name). Grab my hand!!" Roger reached out his hand towards you.

You hesitantly reached out your hand, afraid that you might fall again.

"You idiot. Can't you see that she doesn't know where your hand is?" Rayleigh sighed and jumped out of the ship.

He grabbed your hand and led you to the ship.

"Thanks, Rayleigh. That's quite nice of you" you smiled, not noticing the small blush on Rayleigh's cheeks.

"It's no problem, (First Name)" Rayleigh said as he turned away with a small smile on his face.

"Let's go!! On an adventure!!" Roger yelled, grinning.