Chapter 7

You both entered the flat. A chilling feeling surged through you. The air conditioner was working properly again. It was so cold now. It felt like winter had suddenly come and settled in the room. "Oh my it's chilly!" Tom said shivering.

"Y-yeah, it sure is. I'll fix it." Your teeth chattered.

Turning the temperature to a warmer number, you sat on the couch. "Would you like a cup of tea?" Tom kindly asked.

"Yes sir, I'd love that." You smiled.

Tom went into the kitchen, grabbed a pot, added water, and began to warm it up. While waiting for the beverage to finish. He tried to start a conversation.

Leaning against the wall, staring at you with a smile, Tom began to speak. "You look tired."

"Just a little."

"Ehehe. Me too."

"I'm really sorry about earlier..."

"Oh, that's fine. I just didn't want you to get fired. I really enjoy your company."

You then began to blush. "Really?"

"Yes! You're-" The timer went off, saying that it was done warming the water. Tom quickly rushed over to the pot and finished making the tea. "Milk or sugar?"

"Both, please." You answered.

He walked up to you, sat down and handed you, your cup. The sides were so hot that you almost dropped it. "Whoops!" You said as you placed it on the coffee table in front of the sofa. "It's so hot!"

"Sorry, I should've waited for it to cool off before I gave it to you."

"No, it's okay." You grinned.

Tom took a sip of his tea, then deeply exhaled. You turned towards him, repositioning your seating arrangement so that you were crisscrossed on the couch, facing him. "I noticed that we haven't really sat down and got to know each other." You stated.

"You're right...What would you like to know?"

"Um-let me think...are you looking forward to be in the 'Avengers' movie coming out next year in 2012?"

"I am actually. I'm excited to play the character 'Loki' again. I love being a part of the Marvel Universe. Everyone is so nice to me, even though I am the villain."

"Yay, I loved Loki in the 'Thor' movie. I thought you died in the end!"

"Gotta wait until after the credits." Tom laughed.

"Ooo. Could you act out a scene as Loki? Please, Tom." You begged.

"Okay. In fact I think I have the 'Avengers' script laying around here somewhere. Let me find it."

He stood up and went into his room. Every now and then, you could hear a crash and bang sound from stuff being thrown around. After three minutes, Tom came back into the living room with a thick book in his hand.

"Found it."

"K, I'm ready." You said getting excited.

Flipping through many different pages, he stopped on one. Clearing his throat, he began to read. "I am Loki...of Asgard...and I am burdened with glorious purpose."

His words sent chills down your body. The dark/menacing sentence made you silent in awe. "Wow! With just that, I am beyond ready to see the movie now!"

"Was I really that good?" Tom asked in his normal voice.

"Yes! Mr. Loki."

"Or is it Mr. Nicholls?" He teased.

"But. Nicholls is dead."

"Is he? It never showed him after he fell off Joey. Therefore he could have survived." Stated Tom.

"You are completely right. My theory is that somewhere out there, Captain Nicholls is still alive!"

Taking another sip of your tea, you and Tom continued the conversation until it was very late. "Oh my look at the time! It's 02:33. Off to bed."

"Wait. When do we need to go back to work?"

"You go to work the next day, which means tomorrow (or later today) is a lazy day."

"Oh, okay. I'm quite nervous to be on camera."

"Don't worry. I'll be with you."

"Thanks." You smiled.

"Goodnight darling." He said while kissing your cheek.

"Night, see you in the morning Tom!" You said, walking into your messy room. "Wow...I need to straighten this place up." You muttered to yourself. You at least managed to put a few clothes in a small pile, out of the way. 'I hope Tom won't get upset that it looks this way.' you thought.

You changed into your night clothes and slipped under the cold sheets. Turning over, trying to get comfortable, you couldn't really go to sleep. Your mind was full of thoughts. 'What will happen once the movie is done being made? I'll have to go back home to the United States and Tom will go back to his house. I don't exactly want this adventure to end.' The thought saddened you. Later you then fell into a deep slumber.

The sun barely peered through the window due to a small rain shower outside. You sat up, yawned, and stretched. You hop out of bed and take a shower, brush your teeth, and change into a pair of jeans and one of your favourite tee shirts.

Entering the kitchen, you smelled the scent of pancakes. "Good morning!" You heard a voice behind you. Jumping, you turned around to see Tom with cooking mittens and a spatula. "And to you too."

"You're just in time. They just finished." Tom said in a cheerful way, handing you a plate.

You ate all of what was served to you. When done, you cleaned it off and placed it in the dishwasher.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked.

"I don't know."

"Good, because I have a surprise for you!"