Chapter 8

Feeling both excited and curious, you gave Tom an unsure look. "What is it?"

"Come. You'll see."

Tom led you two to his room. You put your hair up in a pony tail and rubbed your face, trying to wake up some. He handed you a small box. "Open it."

Placing your right hand on the top, you slide the bottom half off and held a golden necklace.

"Aw, thank you Tom!"

"Now open the necklace."

"Okay." You put the tips of your fingers on the edge of the heart shaped jewellery and it popped open.

You gasped at what you saw. Inside it, on the right, was a picture of a horse, the left side contained a picture of you and Tom. "It's so wonderful! I love it."

"Here, look. The horse represents the reason of why we met, the movie 'War Horse' and here, the picture of us represents the bond of our friendship...I wanted to get you something to remember me by." He said smiling. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just so happy." You responded, eyes tearing up a bit.

"Oh, you're welcome (Name)"

You closed the heart, handed Tom the necklace, and moved the ponytail out of the way. He wrapped it around it around your neck and snapped it together. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful!"

Wiping a tear away, you managed a smile and entered the kitchen. You made a small plate of your favourite food, then went to a table to eat it. Tom came in, to join you.

"I can't believe that the movie is coming to an end. Which means that we'll have to go home soon."

"You're right." Tom sighed.

"And still...I'm quite mad that you're no longer in the movie."

"Ehehe well..."

"But it's okay, I won't interfere." You said cleaning off your plate.

You sat in a window, staring at the rain that poured down, making the village look gloomy. Glancing down at your lap, you heard a noise from behind you. "Oh, it's just you."

"Want to play a game to pass the time? Maybe later the rain will clear up so we can go out."

"Sure. I'd be delighted to play. What game is it?"

"Candy Land!"

"Uhh... Candy Land?" You repeated.

"Yeah, sorry. It's the only one that I could find."

"That's okay. It's a good game." You smiled.

Tom cleared a table off and placed the large board down, pouring the pieces out. "Which colour do you want?"

"Blue."

"Okay, I'll choose green."

Cards were put in a pile, the gingerbread men people were sitting alongside the edge of the map, the colorful road waited to be played upon. "It's been so long since I last played this game." You stated.

"Here, I'll read the instructions." Tom began to explain the objective and how to properly proceed with the game.

"Okay, I think I'm ready now."

"Ladies first."

You picked up a card and moved your blue gingerbread man to the third step of the road. Then Tom picked up his card and moved his green gingerbread man to the sixth step of the colorful candy road.

Suddenly your phone went off, so you grab it to see what the notification was. "Hmm...that's odd, I normally don't get stuff like this from Twitter."

"Really? What is it?" Tom asked, walking towards you, away from the table.

"It's more news about the movie...New stuff about you and I. It was that reporter lady. She took photos of me at the set yesterday."

"Let me see." He took your phone to get a better view of the pictures.

"This is ruining everything!" You sighed.

"We can survive this right? You only need to film a few scenes and it will be over. No more people wanting to know about our company."

"Yeah, but people like that never let go. No matter what, reporters and fans are going to think we are dating. Even if the movie is done with, your fanbase is going to continue to believe this theory."

Tom didn't say a word as he rushed his fingers through his hair in a stressed way.

Without a warning, lighting and thunder clashed together at the same time, and as it did, the rain began to fall even harder. The lights also flickered in response. "And now you pissed Thor off."

He glanced at you then laughed at your remark. "Maybe they'll want to interview me...and I could explain our relationship."

"I hope. For the fans sake."

"Yes...for the fans." He laughed.

Each minute that passed, the world got darker. The day was fading away as night came. Tom made a quick meal for dinner.

"Even though this day had its ups and downs, it's time to wrap it up. We need to wake up early to get to work, okay?"

"Yes sir."

"And don't worry about the rumors, we'll figure something out in the future." Said Tom, trying to cheer you up.

"Goodnight." You said farewell as you shut your door and Tom went to his room and got in the shower.

You sat on your bed, once more thinking about what the world thought of both you and Tom Hiddleston. It was unsettling. A knot formed in your stomach of fear and anxiety. "I don't want us to break away from each other..." You quietly whispered to yourself, unable to sleep, laying down.