iv. first photo-shoot

One thing about Aeri was that she was insanely camera shy, which didn't play in her advantage as an idol. She didn't mind when taking her own pictures or when videos and picture were taken of her for memories but as soon as it became more serious, she didn't like it.

So when staff announced that they'd be having a photo-shoot for their first album, she didn't feel the same excitement as her teammates. And getting ready, the feeling didn't change.

As the only girl in a boy group, stylists never made her wear dresses to avoid making her stand out in the group and often gave her outfits that matched with the boys. Which also meant wearing pants.

Not to mention that the dress she was supposed to be wearing was so valuable and seemed so easy to rip apart that she had to have someone help her fit inside without damaging it.

Thankfully, the staff handed her a blanket to put over the exposed parts of her body while she was getting her hair and makeup done. Since it had taken her so long to get inside her dress, most of the boys were already done with their hair and makeup, leaving only Jungwon and Jake with her in the room.

For the time being, the two boys had been the only one to see her in her dress but they had already given her enough compliments to last a life time.

"You should wear dresses more often," told her Jungwon, only making Jake agree next to her.

"I don't know, I feel like it makes me stand out in too much when we're together," she shrugged, only throwing glances in the boys' direction, trying to not move her head too much.

"You look too good to care," answered Jake, making her and Jungwon laugh.

"Yeah but I'm also too cold not to care."

"Being cold is a social construct. It's all in your head. You need to dress more according to style, and not according to the weather."

"I'm not sure that's how it works," Jungwon shook his head lightly.

Aeri was the last one to get out of the room to do her individual photo-shoot, she could feel the anxiousness throughout her entire body. And when she shivered, she wasn't really sure if it was because of the air-con or because of her nerves.

Walking to the mark on the ground indicating where she should stand for the photos to be at the right angle, she didn't cross paths with any of the boys. But she was too busy trying to keep her calm to even wonder how they had been styled.

"Your manager told us that he showed you our inspirations for this shoot, do you think you could do something with that or do you need more directions?" asked the photographer.

"Can I have more direction, please," she shyly asked, scared of messing up her very first shoot.

"Yes, of course," he answered.

For the next hour or so, the photographer showed her different positions and told her when he wanted something as small as her index turning to the right. He also focused on making her feel more comfortable, which she eventually did. After some time, she even managed to come up with a few positions herself, feeling relieved whenever the photographer complimented her on it.

She was so focused in her work that she hadn't even noticed that one of the boys came to stare at her.

Heeseung stood at the corner of the room, staring at her from afar. He had been the first one to get his photos taken and so had been waiting to be called back in for the longest time. When he opened the door of the studio, he knew Aeri was the one to get her pictures taken, but he hadn't expected to see her looking so beautiful that he'd be forced to stop and stare.