xiii. couple v-live

Out of the seven members of ENHYPEN, Aeri did the less amount of v-lives — now weverse lives. She often blamed it on her awkwardness because she never found anything to say to the camera when she was on her own but it was not the only reason.

For some reason, ENGENE didn't find her as interesting as her other members. She knew that because any time she was on by live, her comments were either filled with fans wondering where her members were and what they were up to or filled with people seeming themselves important enough to tell her all the things she should change about herself.

When they found the courage to do so, they would also take the freedom to insult her.

Of course, this was only a part of ENGENE. Not all of them made her feel like this. And this other part of ENGENE had been requesting for her to do lives since a few weeks now. It seemed like they wanted more than her usual Weverse and Twitter interactions.

So for them, she set up her camera and started a live. She greeted the viewers with a big smile on her face. But as if she chose to play an old record, comments about the boys started flooding when more people arrived in the live.

She searched for comment asking her about her own likes and interests, but while doing so, her eyes caught the few swear words. Her smile faltered the smallest bit. "Please stay kind," she just said while scrolling through the comments.

Sadly, as if her request had triggered the people who didn't like her, they started sending more messages. They became gradually worse, going from her being a talent-less whore to people asking her to leave the group because she dragged her members down. She tried to ignore the death threats that were shining through the others.

Her phone buzzed beside her a few moments after her smile completely disappeared, but she didn't even look at it.

When she was debating on cutting short the live, even though it had barely been ten minutes, someone knocked on the door and a head peered through.

"You're on live?" asked Heeseung although he was well aware of the answer.

He had been watching it since the moment it started because for some reason, he couldn't ignore the notification. He was working on his computer and had planned to use her live as a background noise, but when he heard her stay quiet, he started to pay more attention to it. He watched the way her smile didn't reach her eyes anymore, the way they moved through each and every comments being sent, and when he too, looked through them, he left the production room without any hesitation to join her in their dorms.

While they were still supposed to keep their interactions or camera limited, he was cared too much to let her alone in front of all those hateful comments.

The girl simply nodded, finally able to breathe better now that someone else was in the room with her.

"Can I join?" he asked, not even waiting for an answer before he sat on the ground beside her.

The moment he came on screen, the comment section was entirely different. It had no more bad names, no more mean messages but only messages of love towards Heeseung.

When he sat next to her, he discreetly took her hand in his, careful to keep their interaction out of the camera. He began rubbing soothing patterns onto the back of her hand while reading the comments, pretending like he didn't know what was being said seconds before his arrival.

"Why are you wearing makeup," he asked Aeri after finally noticing the products on her face.

"I didn't know I wasn't allowed to," she raised her eyebrow, surprised that he was pointing it out.