Chapter 9

3rd Person Pov

Tanjiro settled down at one of the empty seats. He placed the box that his sister, Nezuko, spent most of her time in, by the window.

Giyuu's haori was tucked safely in his arms.

Lady Penelope must be a very important person for him to leave his haori for identification. 

He had never been on a train before. Yet, it felt like he had.

He anxiously stared out the window.

He felt as if something bad had happened the last time he was on a train. But there was no last time!

This was the first time he had been on a train!

He felt so weird when he unconsciously held out his ticket for the ticket collector to check.

He knew nothing about these things and yet at the same time, he did.

He felt so confused.

He decided to give up on those thoughts and instead turned his attention to the view outside while listening to Nezuko's soft snores.

If Inosuke was here, he'd try to race alongside the train.

This was.... concerning.....

Its as if.... something like that has happened before....

He shook his head and decided to take a nap.

The journey to Eorka took about five hours.

He woke up about ten minutes before he reached his destination.

When the train slowed down, he gathered his things, which was just Nezuko's box and headed out the train.

It was six a.m.

He noticed some knights in blue on duty and made sure to avoid them.

Unfortunately, one of them noticed him and called out to him.

He flinched, knowing that he would not be able to make up a lie.

"Hey kid! Is that a sword on your back that you're hiding?! And what is up with that suspicious box?! Hey-! Don't run away! Get back here! Get that boy!" - Knight 1

Tanjiro escaped the scene, successfully slipping past those knights.

He hid behind one of the walls, watching as the knights dispersed to find him.

He exhaled, relieved.

Explaining to common people about why he always carried a sword was always difficult.

He jumped out of the shadows before walking into the busy streets.

He looked around, intrigued by the culture of the people.

"Hey pretty boy! Over here!" -  ???

He at first ignored the voice but when it called out again, he turned to look at a shopkeeper who was actually talking to him.

He flushed and spoke out meekly.

"M-Me?" - Tanjiro

"Of course, you! You don't look like you're from around here. Oo~ Did you come here with your lover because your family did not approve? You're a bit too young to do that but I'm always open for gossip! Now tell me, who's the lucky girl?" - Shopkeeper

The shopkeeper was a plump woman who seemed to be in her mid-thirties. She had brown hair which was pulled back into a bun. Her brown eyes peeked through her brown fringes curiously.