Chapter 15

That night, Sanemi sent his crow back to Oyakata-Sama with the message that his crow dictated, as Sanemi could not write.

In his words, he dictated how he had met a girl, named Penelope who called herself a wizard and had supernatural powers. Like that of a demon. However, the Wisteria trees seemed to have no effect on her, which concluded that she was not a demon. She had asked him the whereabouts of Tomioka and seemed to know the Kamado siblings. She then took out a letter that Tomioka had sent her.

He then ended his message saying, "Please tell me if I should give away Tomioka's location, or if I should turn her down. And please take care of yourself. Thank you."

When Kagaya heard what Sanemi's crow said, he smiled.

"What will you do?" Said his wife, Amane.

"If she can have a conversation with the Wind Hashira himself and also manage to make him remember her name, I suppose she can be trustworthy. We may have found ourselves a strong ally." He smiled.

He then turned to the Kasugai Crow, asking him to relay his words and ask Sanemi to bring Penelope to the Ubuyashiki Mansion before going to the Water Hashira's estate.

The next morning, Sanemi listened to what his Master had to say.

Reluctantly, he got up and walked towards her room.

"Oh my, good morning, Wind Hashira." Came an elderly voice from behind him.

"Good morning...." He replied at the old lady.

"Are you looking for Penelope? She is not in her room. She is outside in the garden." She said.

"Oh... Thank you..." He said before walking outside.

She was not wearing her yellow kimono. Instead she had adorned the lavender kimono that the Wisteria House provided to their guests. Her wild magenta hair was let loose and it fell over her shoulders.

"Hey." He snapped at her coldly.

She turned around, startled at his sudden appearance.

"We're leaving in an hour." He informed before walking away.

She stared at his back, trying to register his words. She then beamed at him before rushing to pack her bag.

Sanemi shook his head and headed towards his room to have his breakfast and also pack his bag.

Penelope brushed her hair before braiding it.  She then changed into a light green kimono and swept her braid over her left shoulder.

After packing her things, she looked at the mirror and twirled a few times.

The absence of criticism and snide remarks had helped boost her self confidence. "I'm so pretty!" She said, cupping her cheek with her palm.

A knock on the door caught her attention. She responded with a small 'come in'.

The door slid open to reveal the old lady who smiled warmly. 

"The Wind Hashira informed me that you will be leaving with him. I brought a few things for you." She said before handing her the little bag in her hands.

"What is this?" Penelope asked, taking it in her hands.

"Oh nothing much, I simply prepared some onigiri and rice crackers for you. I gave a similar bag to the Wind Hashira. Although, his bag contains ohagi."

"Thank you so much." She smiled.

"Oi." A voice sounded from the door. It was Sanemi. "We are leaving."