Chapter 12

Giyuu hugged his haori, exhaling in relief. Tanjiro told him that Penelope was staying with Urokodaki-San.

He was alone in his room. Or thats what he thought.

"Hello there." A voice sounded from behind him.

He spun around holding the katana he had unsheathed in a split second against the intruder's neck.

Dark hair and blood red eyes. Glowing like the sun, in the candlelight.

Giyuu scowled. He was not able to sense him.

"Who are you?" He spoke in a low voice.

"The villain in everyone's story." The man chuckled darkly.

"Muzan Kibutsuji....!" Giyuu gasped out in realization.

Muzan deadpanned. "Seriously? How could you just assume that everything is my fault? I'm sure there are bigger villains than me. I'm not that bad. Sure I killed my doctor but that two faced bastard had it coming. But thats not why I'm here. You see, I witnessed something earlier."

"I'll behead you right here and right now-!" Giyuu yelled.

"Oh shush. Sit. Let's talk. If you do as I say, I will help the Demon Slayer Corps. I think it is a fair deal. Do you not?" Muzan smiled professionally.

Giyuu scoffed. "You expect me to believe that? Believe you?"

"Just hear me out." The demon replied. "Its about Penelope. So sit."

Giyuu's eyes widened. "Penelope.....? What did you do!? What did you-?!" "Sit. Down."

The two of them sat face to face on the tatami mat after Giyuu sheathed his sword.

Muzan ran a hand through his hair. "Penelope... She... She's my daughter...."

"........"

"Sheath your sword, Hashira."

"You're lying!"

"No I am not!" He inhaled sharply. "Penelope is my daughter. I lost her the day she was born. She was kidnapped. I lost my wife the same day. But today.... after seventeen years,..... I finally have hope..." Muzan looked into Giyuu's blue orbs. "I saw you speaking to the boy with hanafuda earrings earlier. I doubt he would listen to anything I had to say. So I came to you."

"What do you want?" Giyuu was still suspicious.

"I cannot meet her yet. I'm afraid I'll lead the Leila to her."

"Leila?"

"Yes. She's an ancient witch or something and she took human sacrifices." He looked around before gesturing Giyuu to come closer and dipped his voice. "All the demons are under her control. All the humans that they eat are sacrifices to the Leila. I am not the mastermind. It is the Leila. She actually wants to kill me too. You need magic to defeat them. You need my daughter Penelope. But.... as a father, I don't want my dear daughter to go through those things at all. Although, I know she has to. So, I don't want her to go through this alone. I cannot be there for her. Not yet. So please," He furrowed his eyebrows. "please, protect my daughter."

"...... I would have protected her anyway." Giyuu replied.

Muzan said nothing for five solid seconds.

"You better keep your hands to yourself, Hashira." He gritted out.

He stepped towards the window.

"That.... is a warning." He said menacingly, before jumping out.

So weird.

Giyuu looked at his hands. Protect.....