★ | 001. i like you

Book: Male Reader Imagines, JJ Maybank

Chapter 1: I Like You

Word Count: 772

The sound of [name]'s window being slowly opened made him jump from his seat and grab the closest object

The sound of [name]'s window being slowly opened made him jump from his seat and grab the closest object. A baseball bat. "Who the fuck is that?!" He exclaimed, ready to hit them.

"Woah." JJ held up his hands, his eyes wide with one leg through the window. "Why do you have a bat?"

"JJ?" [name] furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you." JJ looked at the bat. "Are you going to keep pointing that thing at me or..?"

[name] huffed and put the bat down. "You sneak into my room and I'm weird for having a bat." He shook his head and sat back down at his computer desk.

JJ swung his other leg over the window and came in. He stood awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"You can sit down, you know?" [name] said with a slight laugh. JJ cleared his throat and sat down on the large king size bed. "You really came here because you just wanted to see me?"

The two had become unlikely friends. If you could even call them that. It was more then insulting each other than laughing about it. [name] never thought he would actually enjoy the Pogues company.

"Is that surprising?" JJ looked down at his hands.

"Well, you've never been in my room before so I'm surprised you came here. You could have seen me at the Wreck tomorrow."

"I didn't want to wait until tomorrow." JJ said quietly.

[name] didn't know why he was acting so weird. "Okay, what do you think?"

"Huh? Of what?"

"My room."

"Oh." JJ looked around the room, his eyes tracing over the posters and the photos. He smiled slightly as he saw a photo of [name] as a little kid. "Cute."

"Cute?" [name] scoffed. "Guess I'll take that as a compliment."

"It was." He went silent again.

"Why are you acting so weird?" [name] finally spoke. JJ was never one to be quiet. He was such an outspoken person, something [name] really liked about him.

JJ shrugged. "I, uh, need to talk to you about something."

"You sound serious." [name] stood up and walked over to the blonde. "You know you can tell me anything. I'd like to think we're friends now. Even if you're a Pogue and I'm a Kook."

"You know when I first saw you I thought you were like every other Kook. Thinking you were better then everyone else. I thought I'd hate you."

"And I thought you were just another Pogue who was nothing but trouble." [name] laughed. "I guess we were both wrong."

"Very wrong." JJ sighed.

"That still doesn't explain why you're being so weird."

"It's cause... I never thought I would feel... this way. It's so fucking confusing."

"JJ... you're not making any sense."

"I had this all planned out in my head but now I can't remember what I was going to say." JJ took his hat off and ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm a Pogue and you're a Kook, this would never work. I shouldn't have come here. I'm sorry."

He tried to leave but [name] grabbed his hand. "JJ! Stop! What are you talking about? Tell me what's going on?"

"I like you, okay?!" JJ finally spoke up. "I - I have feelings for you and I know I shouldn't. Like I said, it would never work but I can't help it. Fuck."

[name] was at a loss for words.

"I shouldn't have said anything. I know you'd never want me, I mean, I'm just a Pogue." JJ took his hand from [name]'s and put his hat back on. "Just forget I said anything."

He once again tried to leave but [name] wasn't letting him go anywhere. He grabbed JJ's by the waist and spun him around.

"Wha - "

"Just shut up for a second." Just as the last word left [name]'s lips he pulled JJ close to him and kissed him.

JJ's body went tense but that didn't deter [name]. He continued to kiss him and JJ started kissing back only moments later.

JJ breathed out as their lips disconnected. "I don't care if you're a Pogue or I'm a Kook. I fucking like you to."

JJ mouth turned into a wide smile before he pulled [name] into another kiss.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio

First imagine done! I wrote this on my phone so let me know if there are any mistakes.