★ | 006. the ring

Book: Male Reader Imagines, JJ Maybank

Chapter 6: The Ring

Word Count: 868

[name] had just put the popcorn down on the table in front of the television

[name] had just put the popcorn down on the table in front of the television. He hadn't picked a movie yet but he was waiting for his boyfriend, JJ, to show up before he did. If he picked before JJ would have a whine about it.

He sighed as he looked at the lounge, blankets and pillows covered it. He and JJ were having a movie night. Something they did often for little dates.

The phone of the wall rang and walked over to it. "Hello?" He answered after he picked it up. There was no response, only a quiet crackling. "Hello?" He repeated. He once again didn't receive a response and just hung up. "Stupid prank calls." He mumbled.

He walked back into the living room, freezing on his feet when he saw the television was on but it was only showing static. He hadn't turned that on yet. He pursed his lips and walked over to the remote, turning the tv off again. "You're acting crazy." He mumbled and put the remote down.

Ever since he had watched that weird video exactly a week ago he had felt on edge. He had even got a call right after, some chick telling him he had seven days. Seven days for what? He didn't know but before he could question her, she hung up on him.

He walked into the kitchen to get some drinks. When he went back to the living room, the glasses fell from his hands in shock. The tv was on again, only this time it wasn't just static, there was a well on screen. He walked around the broken glass and towards the tv, his eyes staring right on it.

"What the hell?" He mumbled. He knelt down in front of the screen. What was he seeing?

He lifted his hand and went to touch the screen but suddenly fell back in fear. A little girl was crawling out of the well, her long black hair covering her face. He kept crawling back until his back hit the couch, his eyes wide.

Why was he so scared? It was just a video. That's all it was. He wanted to move but he was frozen in place. The little girl kept walking until she was stood right at the camera. She lifted a hand and pushed it forward.

"What the fuck?!" [name] screamed as she began to crawl out of the tv. That wasn't possible. How was this happening?! He finally stood up and ran to the front door. He tried to open it but it was stuck.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He tried to open the door with all his strength but no matter how strong he was, it wouldn't open. She was getting closer to him.

He turned around and ran to his room. As soon as he was in, he slammed the door behind him. He went to the window and tried to open it but once again he found it stuck.

What was he gonna do now?

He froze as the door squeaked open behind him. There was nowhere from him to go. He turned around and everything went black.

★ ★ ★

"Babe! Where are you?" JJ called as he walked into his boyfriends house. He saw the popcorn on the table and the blankets and pillows already set up.

He checked the kitchen first but he wasn't in there. "[name]!" He called again. It was too quiet.

The next thing he checked was his bedroom. The door was closed. With a huff he opened the door, seeing [name] was sitting down at his computer desk. "What are you doing? Didn't you hear me calling for you?" [name] didn't reply. "Why aren't you answering me?"

He walked over to him and put his hand on his shoulder, spinning him around. A loud scream left his throat as he caught sight of his deformed face.

His skin was pale grey and his mouth was open unnaturally wide.

"No, no, no." JJ cried. His boyfriend was dead.

★ ★ ★

[name]'s body was getting wheeled away and JJ sat out the front, sitting on the porch as the police just finished questioning him. His face was blank.

"JJ? Oh, my God." Kiara rushed over to him. "What happened?" She sat down next to him.

"He's dead. [name]'s dead." It didn't feel real to say.

"What?" John B said in shock. They had seen the commotion and came over. They had no idea this could have happened. [name] was their best friend.

"What happened?" Pope asked.

JJ felt a tear leave his eye and Kiara looked at Pope with a glare, angry that he would ask that insensitive question. "I don't know but I'm not going to stop until I found out." JJ said with determination.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio

I felt like writing a horror shot and a JJ shot so here we are. I also have a chapter based on Friday the 13th. Let me know what you thought and if you'd like more chapters like this!