★ | 013. why do you let him do this

Book: Male Reader Imagines, JJ Maybank
Chapter 13: Why Do You Let Him Do This
Word Count: 1388

Book: Male Reader Imagines, JJ MaybankChapter 13: Why Do You Let Him Do ThisWord Count: 1388

[name] was sitting at the table with his boyfriend and his boyfriends family. He looked down at his food and played with it, not feeling all that hungry.

"Are you okay [name]? You haven't touched your food?" Ward asked with concern.

[name] snapped his head up, seeing he and the rest of the Cameron family were looking at him. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Sorry about that."

Ward nodded his head and went back to the topic of conversation but [name] didn't listen, once again trapped in his own thoughts. He felt Rafe put his hand on his thigh and squeeze it roughly. "Why are you acting like this?" He whispered into his ear. "Are you seriously still upset about the fight we had earlier? Get over it and stop bringing the mood down."

Rafe leaned away from him and smiled as if he never said anything.

[name]'s frown only seemed to deepen. Yes, he was still upset about the fight. He was still upset about the words Rafe had said to him. The harsh and mean words. How Rafe had compared him to his ex and asked him to be more like him.

How was [name] supposed to react like that? Be all happy and smile and say 'Yes Rafe, my bad, I will be more like your ex'. He shook his head at the thought.

"I'm, um, just going to use the bathroom." He stood up and walked away, feeling Rafe's hard stare on his back. He knew Rafe would be pissed at him for leaving like that but he didn't care at the moment. He just needed some time to himself.

He walked into the bathroom and went right over to the sinks, wetting his face with the cold water. Rafe could be such a dick sometimes and make [name] feel like absolute shit about himself.

The door opened again and [name] was afraid it was Rafe but when he looked, it was only JJ. He sighed in relief.

"You do not look like you're having a good time." JJ said, lifting himself up to sit on the counter next to him. He was in his work clothes and was on a shift but figured he could ditch for a little while to talk to [name].

"That obvious?" The other male questioned with a sigh. He rubbed his hand down his face. "Rafe is just being a dick."

"'Cause that's so different from his usual self." JJ said with a light scoff.

[name] hummed. "I guess you're right about that."

"Why don't you just leave if you're having such a bad time?"

"Are you kidding? That would only piss Rafe off more and I can not deal with that right now."

"I don't know why you date this guy." JJ shook his head.

"Because I... I love him." [name] replied hesitantly.

JJ gave him a look. "Who are you trying to convince? Me or you." [name] didn't have a response to that. JJ got down from the counter. "Look, if Rafe is giving you a hard time, you're more then welcome to come spend the night with me... again."