A little help can't hurt

A week had passed since Blythe's body was found, the word had spread around and the habitants of the village were in constant fear as the killer still wasn't found.
« Did you question her boyfriend ? » asked the sheriff.
« Yes sir, he has an alibi » the officer said. The sheriff sighed while going through some files.
« Sir.. the only one we haven't questioned yet is  Mr Sander» the officer said, avoiding eye contact. Just as the sheriff was about to knock some sense into him, someone knocked at the door.
« Enter » said the sheriff. A man entered; he was tall, had wide eyes which could make him look younger if not of his beard, it was full and bushy, he was dressed in all black and was rather charismatic.
« Can I help you? » the sheriff asked.
« Mr Finn Evans? » the man asked, his voice was soft and calm.
« Yeah? »
« My name is Aaron Wright, I've been administered to this station » he said, stretching his hand out for a hand shake. The sheriff shook his hand and asked him to have a seat.
« I asked for more officers and more material and they send one man? » the sheriff said annoyed. Aaron didn't say anything to this comment, he just looked around the office while seated.
« Anyway.. we're actually working on a case now, mr Edward here will brief you on it, hope you'll be of help » the sheriff said, pointing at the officer who was still standing in the corner.
« Follow me please » the officer said and Aaron did. The sheriff watched as the two men exited his office and sighed.
« Who's this again » he asked himself.

Few minutes later, Edward had told Aaron everything about the case and excused himself as he went out for a lunch break.
« Before you go, is this the first time something like this happens here? Is it the first murder case? » Aaron asked.
« Yeah, it's a quiet place here.. most of the time we deal with theft, domestic violence, those type of things.. so you can imagine our shock » Edward said.
« I see.. » Aaron said, looking at the files. Edward was about to head out but then stopped and turned to Aaron.
« Wait, actually no.. it's the second case like this, the first happened so long ago that I'd forgotten about it.. I wasn't an officer then but I remember » he said.
« What happened ? » Aaron asked.
« A teenage boy was brutally murdered on the night of Halloween, his stomach was cut open but the organs were still there except for his tongue.. it was never found » Edward said, looking like he was about to throw up.
« And how was the case handled? Did they find the killer? » Aaron asked.
« Nah, they couldn't find a suspect.. you see, John was a good and quiet boy so I don't know who could've despised him so much to do that, the case was closed »  Aaron looked at Edward like he was waiting for more information. He then looked back at the files in his hands.
« I think it's the same person » he said.
« What? » Edward asked.
« I think the one who killed that boy is the same person who killed  the young lady » Aaron said.
« Why? » Edward asked, now interested in the conversation.
« The MO is quite similar and in both cases, an organ is missing » Aaron said, reading the files with information about Blythe's case. It was determined that the cause of her death was stabbing; she had been stabbed on her back 7 times.
« But if it's the same person, why wait so many years before killing again » Edward said.
« Something scared him, something unexpected I think and if we don't find him soon, I'm afraid she won't be the last person to die » Aaron said with a worried face.

Hours passed and the sheriff was about to head to the Sander's house when he saw Aaron still studying the case.
« Hey you just arrived here, you don't need to pressure yourself so soon.. go home and rest, you are not supposed to work on the first day anyway » the sheriff said.
« Don't worry about that sir » Aaron replied with a smile.
« It was an order » the sheriff said with a straight face and hands in his pocket. Aaron sighed as he got ready to leave, he still took some files about John's and Blythe's cases. On his way home, he stopped at a shop to buy something eat.
« That'll be 50 pounds sir » the cashier said. As Aaron was going through his wallet, a woman cut in front of him.
« Hey Jonathan, can you drive me home after this? » Arya said as she put the items she wanted to buy on the front desk for him to scan.
« Excuse me madam, I was in front of you » Aaron said, surprised by her act. Arya turned and was about to argue when she realized this was an unfamiliar face, she looked puzzled but then responded.
« You were about to pay already, so no need to wait behind you » she said trying to seem unbothered. Aaron didn't say anything, he just sighed and handed the money to Jonathan before leaving.
« I hope i didn't lose a new customer because of you » Jonathan said, grabbing Arya's ear.
« Aïe ! Let go.. who's he anyway ? » she asked.
« I don't know.. I guess our village is starting to get people's attention » he said while packing her stuff.
« Let's go » he said when he was done and they both headed to his car.
« So.. did your boyfriend help? » Jonathan asked as he was starting the car.
« Who?? » Arya asked confused.
« Your boyfriend, you know... Karl » he said.
« what?! He's not my boyfriend, you jerk » she said, pushing him.
« Well you've been hanging together a lot these days.. people are starting to talk » he said while laughing.
« Because he updates me about the girl's case, that's all »
« Sure » he said.
« Are you jealous? » Arya asked, giggling.
« Oh please.. » Jonathan said, rolling his eyes. They arrived Arya's house, she got out of the car and waved him goodbye.