The diary

« I say, let's follow her and see where's she's headed instead of barging into Mr. Sander's property once again » Edward proposed.
« Meh.. she's always with the same people so I doubt that'll be of much help » Aaron replied. Edward rolled his eyes and took out his phone.
« But we can do that and see what comes out of it if you want » Aaron said, sighing. Edward's face lit up as he did a U-turn. They drove slowly behind Arya and as time passed, they notice she was paying a visit to the Sanders.
« They seem to spend a lot of time together » Aaron said.
« Jealous? » Edward said with a smirk. Aaron knocked his head to bring him back to his senses.
« I wonder what they're hiding » Aaron said.
« Well, staying here like creeps won't give us the answer to that » Edward said, shrugging.
« You were the one who suggested we follow her in case you forgot » Aaron said with a hand on his forehead.
« Yeah and now I want to go to John's house as your neighbor suggested » Edward answered. Aaron sighed as he agreed.

At John's house..

« What do we know about the Botswons? » Aaron asked.
« peaceful and cheerful family, they had one son, our victim.. Maria Botswon is administered to a mental hospital and they adopted a boy few years after the death of their son » Edward answered.
« Okay, let's go » Aaron said clapping his hands. They made their way to the door and were about to knock when they heard some commotion inside. It's sounded like someone was being beaten and pleading for his life, they quickly pulled out their guns as the barged into the room. In front of them was a woman with a furious expression, though her hair was completely grey, she didn't look past 50. Next to her was a man with his face buried in his hands and on the floor was a younger man with blood dripping down his forehead. As they entered, the woman's attention switched to them and she lunged at them with the pan she had in her hand.
« What the... » Aaron said as he raised his gun, ready to shoot.
« No!! Don't shoot! » the man behind her shouted as he rushed to pin her down. The woman was now shouting hysterically as he held her down.
« LET ME GO!! I WILL KILL THEM, THOSE BASTARD WHO TOOK MY SON'S DEATH FOR GRANTED!! THAT BOY IS NOT MY BABY! » she said enraged. Edward looked at Aaron as if waiting on instructions.
« Let's handcuff her » Aaron said. As Edward approached to do so, she bit his hand and refused to let go. Edward screamed in agony.
« Do something !! » Edward cried, not talking to anyone in particular. In shock, Aaron pushed the man off her as he took his place, he then pulled out his handcuffs and tied her, still her mouth won't let go of Edward's hand.
« This woman is insane, help! » Edward pleaded. Aaron looked around searching for something that could help, snatching Edward's hand will be of no help as it will only injure him more. Edward used one of his legs to kick the woman in the face and she let go. Looking at his bloody hand then at Aaron he said sarcastically;
« Thank you for the help there buddy »
« There isn't much I could do » Aaron said apologetically. Edward wanted to talk back but the man previously on the woman jumped on him and started punching him.
« HOW DARE YOU HURT MY WIFE?! » he said while raising his hand for another punch. Aaron quickly grabbed both of his hands and handcuffed him too.
« What just happened?!!!! What even is going on?! » Edward said with blood now on his hand and mouth. Aaron too stared in disbelief.. there was a moment of silence before laughter was heard. They both turned their heads and saw the younger man laughing hysterically.
« Ihr seid alle verrückt » he said while laughing. Aaron and Edward stared at each other, not really knowing what to do nor say at this point.
« Seeing you two, I wouldn't be surprised if that idiot killed himself to escape this hell » he said staring at the two individuals in handcuffs who were now wiggling like a fish out of water. Aaron stared at the man, he had seen him somewhere.
« You » Aaron said.
« You were at the Sander's house that day, you're the guy that collects money from Ms Sander » he added.
« We meet again, my name is Sam..Sam Bu-»
« YOUR NAME IS JONATHAN BOTSWON! » the man in handcuff shouted.
« Don't mind him, my name is Sam Bucker.. I am unfortunately these moron's child.. well not biological anyways, fortunately » he said chuckling. Aaron looked at Sam's forehead and the blood dripping from it.
« You should probably go to a hospital » he suggested. Sam stared in confusion for a second then answered.
« OH! This? Don't worry, it's nothing compared to what I've already endured in my life and what he endured too »
« He? » Edward said behind.
« Yeah you know, the son they claim to miss so much » Sam answered.
« You know nothing about my family or my boy » the crazy woman said beneath her breath.
« oh I know a lot.. the stupid one here is you » Sam argued. Aaron asked if they could sit for a minute and talk which Sam gladly accepted. Edward picked the two individuals from the floor and escorted them to the police car.
« So.. um.. did you know the guy who lived here? The boy who died » Aaron asked as he sat on a stool while Sam put some alcohol on a cotton pad.
« No » he answered.
« So what was that about? I'm talking about the scene we saw upon our entrance and the comment you made » Aaron asked.
« He is convinced he can deceive her into thinking I'm her son and she's not hearing any of that so she hit me, calling me a con and a fraud » He paused as he tapped his wound with the cotton pad.
« About the comment, you'll understand when you'll read that simp's diary » he continued. At this point Edward came back into the house.
« Who? Which diary? » Aaron asked, intrigued.
« John's diary, upstairs, last room at your right is the boy's room.. I wasn't allowed to sleep there but my curiosity got the best of me and I sneaked there one day » Sam answered.
« That's when I sat on his bed and felt something, I pulled up the cover and there it was, my only source of entertainment in this house » he added. Aaron motioned for Edward to go for the book.
« Before I forget, I changed its location because I was scared he'd find it and burn it.. it's not on the bed anymore but in the cupboard next to his bed, under a few other books » Sam said before grabbing his jacket and walking out the door. Edward looked at Aaron and they both went upstairs and to the room checking for the dairy.
« I think this is it » Edward said, holding up a book with a blue cover. Aaron was looking around, trying to make out John's character through the disposition and decoration of the room.
« Everything is so.. boring » Aaron said.
« Huh? I think we had more than enough action for today friend » Edward said, waving his wounded hand as evidence.
« No, not that.. this room, it's supposed to be a preteen's room but it looks so plain » Aaron said.
« Just like the owner » Edward whispered. Aaron looked at him with exhaustion in his eyes.
« Oops » he added.
« Wish we could search around but we need a warrant » Aaron said.
« Why all that protocol? Those guys messed me up, you think I'd feel bad if we search through a little bit? We're here so let's just do a little digging » Edward proposed. Aaron thought about it for a moment then nodded. After few minutes of research, they found nothing.. nothing that could help the case at least.
« Look at this » Aaron said, holding a little box. Edward came closer for a better look. Inside the box was a picture of a little Asian girl with long hair, a little car toy, a little scarf, some barrettes and a little dusty note.

« You will never win you fool »

« What is all this? And what does this note mean? » Edward wondered. Aaron pick up the picture of the girl.
« I don't know.. buddy.. I really have no idea »
They went back to their car and drove back to the police station, on the way Mr Botswon won't stop saying they are abusing of their power etc but both men would pay them no mind.

At the police station..

« Take care of those two, I'm going back home » Aaron said.
« Since when do you go back early? Plus I'm the one that needs a break here » Edward's eyes widened.
« I know, but I want to read that diary and try to connect it to the box we found.. unless you want to spend hours reading that » Aaron asked.
« Hell no, see you tomorrow » Edward said, handing him the diary. Aaron took the book, his bag and headed back home.

Once home, he made some ramen and fell on his bed right after and dozed off. The sound of something strange woke him up hours later, he brought his hand closer to his eyes to see the time; 10:38pm.
« Damn, I really was tired » he said to himself, he looked at the window and there was an owl standing outside.. it was that, that woke him up. Stretching his body while yawning, he then pulled his chair and sat down. On the table next to him was the diary he was supposed to read hours ago.
« I feel to tired to read all this now » he said while flipping through the pages then something caught his attention. On some pages there were long paragraphs which he didn't read at the moment and on some there were juste HELP ME written in bold. As he continued flipping the pages, he noticed one page half ripped off. On the remaining page was written; -my friend but she scares me sometimes, she might have the same problem as my daddy.

« friend? Same problem as his dad?.. I might have to go through all these pages after all »