The protege

Jonathan bolted out of Karl's house, how dare him act like he was the crazy person in all this? How could he humiliate him in front of her? Sure he had some issues growing up but he's been fine ever since he's in a good household! He entered his car, ignoring Arya calling out for him and drove back home. Once home, he was met with his father sitting on the couch watching news.
«hey son!» Mr Botswon said.
«hi» Jonathan said softly, trying to hide his anger.
«Don't forget, we're visiting mom tomorrow» said Mr Botswon. Jonathan sighed and whispered;
«What's the point?»
«You said?» asked Mr Botswon.
«I ASKED WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT!!» said Jonathan while slamming his hand on the dinning table. Mr Botswon was shocked by this behavior and immediately got up to get close to his son.
«You know why son.. it'll make her get better, don't you want a mom and a dad?» said Mr Botswon in a calm voice while placing his hand on Jonathan's shoulder.
«This whole mascarade won't make her feel better and you know it! I'm tired of your delusion, and stop calling me son, I am not your son!» Jonathan replied, pushing away his hand.
«I raised you! I am your father Jonathan Botswon and don't you dare use that tone with me again!»
«Did you?!! Did you really?! You only kept me around because I reminded you of your son, do you think I'm stupid?! Even as a kid, I knew.. you don't even bother removing his pictures on the wall and don't think I haven't noticed you crying looking at them» Jonathan said. Mr Botswon wanted to argue but Jonathan cut him off.
«You see, you say your wife is mentally ill but YOU 'dad' are the craziest person in this whole thing.. I mean adopting a little boy and naming him after your dead son, dressing him like your dead son and expecting him to act like your dead son?! Really?! How messed up are you?! And stop fooling yourself, it's not your wife you're trying to make feel better, it's you, pathetic man» Jonathan said with spite. Mr Botswon slapped him and Jonathan immediately took a knife nearby and pushed him to the wall, holding the knife up against his neck.
«Now is not a good time to play with me 'dad'.. I've had a really bad day so don't push me»
«What are you gonna do?! Kill me like you ki-» Mr Botswon was interrupted by Jonathan slowly pressing the knife on his neck, making him bleed a little.
Jonathan released him and threw the knife on the ground.
«You deserve this pitiful life you're living» said Jonathan while leaving.
«Do you think you're better?! You're just some crazy boy nobody wanted to adopt.. without me you'd be nothing! I made you, I gave you a new life, you should be grateful» said Mr Botswon while wiping the blood on his neck. Jonathan turned around and looked at the old man on the floor.
«Whatever helps you sleep at night old man..  and by the way, don't call me Jonathan ever again, my name is Sam.. Sam Bucker and it will forever be, no matter how many times you try to change it» he said as he turned back to exit the building.

At the police station..

«You fools! Did you go and interrogate Mr Sander?!» the sheriff asked furiously.
«It was my idea sir, I'm sorry» said Edward.
«Why shouldn't we? He is the only one who had direct contact with the victim, he should've been the first person to bring in» Aaron said firmly. Finn looked in his direction with anger and frustration.
«Listen here newbie, I am the superior here and if you want to do something, you ask for my permission first! And I owe you no explanation» he said loudly.
«All this only makes your protege more suspicious to our eyes» Aaron said looking down at the sheriff who looked like he was about to explode.
«What did you just say?!» Finn asked. Edward immediately tapped Aaron's shoulder and said with a forced smile.
«Nothing sir, he said nothing.. we will be going to our office now sir, sorry again» he then dragged Aaron to his office and slammed the door shut.
«What are you doing man??» Edward asked nervously.
«Doing my job, you can't seriously side with that man» Aaron said with frustration.
«Of course not but that's now how we should operate» Edward replied.
«So what? We sit around while that privileged gangster kills someone else??» Aaron asked.
«First of, we're not even sure he's the one behind the murders» Edward said.
«Edward, the first murder took place in his home and his whereabouts at that time are still unknown  and now a second murder takes place and coincidentally, he's connected to the victim and let's not forget he has been in a mental institution according to that other man and we still don't know why.. he could be a total psychopath for God's sake»
«Are you suggesting he killed someone so young?? I mean he must have been what? 12? at the time of the first murder and for the second murder, what could be his motive? You don't make sense right now friend» Edward said looking confused.
«Maybe she broke up with him? Maybe she saw something she wasn't supposed to one day at their house, hence the missing eyes, must be a message» Aaron said confidently. Edward scratched his head, starting to understand Aaron's point of view.
«But the finger? Why cut the finger? And why place it in front of that woman's door with a note 'welcome back'?» Edward asked.
«To make it seem like it was one of her old acquaintance who put it there» Aaron said.
«I don't know man, this isn't enough to put him in jail, most of what you said is coincidental and far fetched»Edward said. Aaron sighed and leaned back on his chair.
«We'll have to find proof» Aaron said.
«And how do you plan on doing that? We can't get in his house without a warrant and no judge would give us that especially since it's him» Edward said.
«I don't know, for now we can follow him and watch what he does of his days»
«I already told you, he spends most of his days in his house and I refuse to park in front of his house day and night until he comes out, that sounds boring» Edward said, looking already bored just thinking about it. Aaron sighed.
«We have to find a way to get in his house» Aaron said, Edward's eyes widened.
«Are you suggesting we infiltrate his house?? Man I love some action but this, this is reckless and most importantly, it's illegal!» Edward said, surprised he would event think of something like this.
«Do you have any other suggestions?» Aaron asked while rolling his eyes.
«I do actually, how about we just search for other suspects ?! Why the sudden focalization on Karl Sander??» Edward asked.
«Why is the sheriff protecting him that much? It bugs me» Aaron said calmly.
«He's not protecting him, he just don't want any problems with that family plus they are model citizens, quite cold yes but they've never caused any trouble here» Edward replied. Aaron didn't argue much after that.

The next morning..

Snow was doing her morning jog as usual when she saw a man sitting on a bench nearby, this spooked her but she still had to pass in front of him to get to her destination. She turned down the music in her phone but kept her earphones on as she slowly walked passed him, she then notice it's a familiar face and her fear slowly faded.
«hey, good morning.. you're the guy that works at the shop» she said with a smile. Sam looked up and saw this petite pale woman talking to him, he recognized her as the woman who comes and argue with his boss sometimes.
«I like to be known as Sam, not the shop guy» he replied with a smile too. They both chuckled and she decided to sit next to him to pass some time before going back home.
«If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing sitted here alone at this time?» Snow asked.
«Just thinking.. Home makes me nauseous these days so I'd rather stay here» he said.
«What about you? Why run this early? Haven't you heard about the murder? It's not really safe» he added.
«Yeah I heard, I was actually the second person to find the body» she said looking down.
«Well that sucks» he said, they both chuckled and remained in silence for some time.
«So what were you thinking about before I interrupted you?» Snow said, finally breaking the silence.He didn't say anything for some time, just looked at her.
«Just how life is unjust you know» he finally said.
«ugh tell me about it» she sighed.
«Are you in a relationship?» he asked.
«Not really, I was interested in someone but I think it won't be a match, what about you?»
«Same, she seems interested in someone else» he said.
«Mine is interested in someTHING else.. work, it's exhausting.. I swear sometimes I think he just hangs out with me to have more information on the citizens» Snow said leaning back.
«Interesting, mind telling me who it is?» he said, she raised an eyebrow and then looked at him.
«Well, it's this new guy.. Aaron, he's on Blythe's case» she said.
«oh him...mysterious guy, he doesn't really talk much»
«Yeah him» she sighed.
«You know, there's one way to get his attention..» Sam said.
«Which is?» she asked intrigued.
«You said he's only about work, so how about you take some interest in that too?»
«Elaborate» she said.
«Ask him if there's anything you can do to help, give him a list of suspects, get info for him etc.. the faster he'll close the case, the faster he'll be able to focus on you and since you've helped him, he would feel like you complete him» Sam said smiling.
«That's actually not stupid.. but I know nothing about the case» she said.
«Me neither.. I do know something though.. Karl Sander, he's one of the suspects but I'm sure the sheriff would never allow your crush to interrogate him» He said.
«But I could get close to Karl and get some useful info» She said rubbing her chin.
«you're starting to get it» They both laughed and Snow got up, ready to leave.
«thanks for the advice, I might do that» Snow said while waving him goodbye.
«You better» Sam whispered as he waved too.
«The faster that bastard will be out of my way, the faster she'll be all mine» he then added when she was too far to hear.

PSA: hello everyone, I decided to erase the last chapter and replace it with this one.. just felt like I needed to tell you so you don't get confused during the upcoming chapters!
Thanks for reading.
I would highly suggest to read back the previous chapter before this one since it's been some time since I had updated.