Chapter 8

Troyes POV

When I woke up, I looked around and saw that I was in hospital but not in my room on the ward. I saw doctors and nurses running about and I remember what happened. I turn to see JC sitting there and I say to him that I need to see Connor. I know Connor was my boyfriend before the accident as the night we kissed I saw his face in my flash backs. I know he was hurt after I had it and he still will be. I can't lose him a second time though.

When JC went to get Connor, I thought about what I was going to say.

Just before Connor walked in Ricky and JC walked in and I knew what they wanted. Ricky just told me that I better not hurt him again. I promised them I won't. I was starting to love Connor all over again. There is no way I would hurt him again. I know I hurt him a lot last time, but I couldn't help that. I know I want to start again with him if he will have me. The first thing I need to do is get my depression under control.

I saw Connor walk in and I could see he had been crying more than when I blacked out. I hold my hand out to him and he grabs it. He sits on the chair and straight away I say to him "Connor I'm sorry about before I didn't mean to collapse, I had a headache before class, and I didn't have any Panadol". He looks at me and said that I should have told him, and he would have got me to do it another day.

After that was sorted, I told him about the flashbacks and how I had only seen his face the night we kissed. We both want to try again but we need to sort some things out first.

After he left the doctor walked in and said that I would need to stay here for a few days as he wants to keep an eye on me. They must have found out about my headache a couple of days ago. Not long after he goes, I fall asleep and dream of Connor. I remember that he used to take me home to Minnesota to see his parents. I remember all the pillow fights we had and all the snowball fights with his family.

The nights we just sit at his flat and watch movies curled up on the lounge together. How I would love to do that again. If we do that again it will be a long time coming.

The next few days are spent with Connor coming in for a bit and we would talk about the things I remember. He would tell me things we used to do that I couldn't remember. He would tell me about walks along the beach at night also the many parties we went to at his friend Tyler's house. I don't remember him, but Connor said it was ok.

I also got a visit from Emma as they rang her and told her about me being admitted. She came in to see if I was ok and to see how the depression was going. It wasn't I am even more depressed now then what I was when I first came in. I think it is being stuck in here. That and Connor. I know he is still hurting from before and I know that in the back of his mind he thinks I will do it again. I won't or I will try not to. I ask Emma when she comes what I can do, and she says to maybe write another song. I think for a bit as that could be a good idea. I mean I am stuck in a hospital bed after all.

The days Connor comes in and we talk for a bit and one day I asked him how he got through his depression and all that. I know I caused the depression after my accident, but I wanted to know how he got through it. He told me started to take antidepressants to be able to cope but it got to the stage they weren't working so he came in here and they helped him find ways to help. Like doing things you like to do. So, for Connor he loved taking photos. Focusing on that and blocking out the pain helped him cope. So, you may as well say a happy little pill.

After he left that day, I thought about what he said. I started to write HAPPY LITTLE PILL.

The day I was released they let me stay back on the mental health ward. Which I was grateful for.