Chapter 5

The next morning I wake up earlier than my alarm as I am excited to have coffee with Connor after class. I get up and shower and wash my hair and make sure I wash my body thoroughly too.

I get dressed in my best skinny jeans and a nice t-shirt. I comb my hair after I have dried it and spray my sea salt spray that I love on it.

I am ready to walk out the door to have breakfast but first I run back in because I forgot that I had aftershave too that I bought on impulse the other day.

After breakfast my classes are slow and boring today. All I want to do is have class with Connor and then have coffee with him after wards.

When my class with Connor finally rolls around I am so nervous as I really, really like Connor and I don't want to make a mess of this coffee date. As I walk in I notice he looks even hotter today if that is possible. I wave at him and go and sit in my seat and take out my song book.

After class finally finishes I wait until everyone leaves and I slowly get up and make my way over to Connor. He looks at me as I approach and he says "you ready Tro"? I nod my head and grab his hand in mine and together we walk out and into town to the coffee shop I went to on my first day. We grab a table and I hold Connor's chair out for him then push it back in. As I do that my fingers brush his back and again I have flash backs of me doing this with someone but I still can't remember who. I have the flashback of me helping someone with their chair. It was only when my hand brushed Connor's back that I felt it.

As I sit down in my chair I can't help but think of these flash backs. I wonder if they have anything to do with my boyfriend when I had the accident as mum keeps telling me that we were soul mates. I will have wait and see.

We have coffee and talk about ourselves and Connor asks me if I had seen Jacob since I was admitted? I nod my head and say "yeah the first day I came here to get lunch after class because I had to get a few things so I thought I would have lunch but I walked in and he was cuddled up to a girl and just as I was about to walk out I saw him lean over and kiss her so I broke up with him that night and I can tell you I have never felt so much better since I had that stupid accident". Connor grabs my hand and says "I'm sorry Tro you don't deserve that and you also don't deserve you accident or the TBI you got from it". I nod my head and say "we can't change the past only try and make the future better". Connor nods his head and squeezes my hand again and he says "have you had any memories of the accident"? I shake my head and say "not of the accident no but I keep having flash backs of me doing somethings and I can't see the other persons face. It's starting to drive me insane as I really want to know who they are with. All I know is that they come at random times and I can tell I loved the person I was with". Connor nods his head and says "how have you been finding the classes and have you felt better in yourself or not"? I think for a bit and say "the classes are good but I haven't felt better yet at all although it's only the end of the first week and I have 3 more left maybe after that I will see how I feel and if I think I haven't gotten better then I will extend my stay". He nods his head and I say "what are you having"? He tells me what he wants and I get up to order his coffee and my hot chocolate and our sandwiches.

I walk back over to the table and Connor picks my hand up again and says "I am not going to lie to you but I have really started to like you as more than a friend but I want to take this slow as I still need to get over my ex – boyfriend but I would like to still get to know you and hang out with you". I nod my head and say "yeah that's fine I really like you too but I want to get my depression under control before I delve into another relationship". I pull away from him and put my hands in my lap as our food and drinks arrive. I was about to put the sugar in my hot chocolate but stop when I see Con pull his phone out and take a picture of his coffee then his sandwiches and I can't help the smile that comes to my face as I see what he does. I watch him a bit longer and again I have a flash back of someone else doing that but I still can't see a face and it is starting to annoy me as I really want to know who that person is. I brush it aside and not think about it. I want to enjoy myself and not worry about my flash backs.