Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I come too and I can hear a strange beeping sounds and people crying. I turn my head and see these people sitting by my bed. I see these 2 women and then I see 4 men as well. Some look familiar to me but there is this 1 guy who doesn't but I can tell you that he is gorgeous I would like to get to know him. I groan in pain as the light is too bright for my head. I see this women jump up and say "Tro thank god you are ok. I will get a doctor for you". She walks out and about 5 minutes later a doctor walks in behind her and he looks me over and says 'how are you feeling Mr Mellet"? I say to him "who is Mr Mellet"? He looks at me and says "ok I want to check your eyes". I let him check my eyes and he says 'just what I thought you have swelling on the brain and I am pretty sure you have what we call a TBI which is a traumatic Brain Injury, You won't be able to remember where you are or anything because you also have a concussion". I nod my head and hear everyone in the room burst into tears. The doctor says to them "I think he needs time to heal and rest so how about you all come back maybe tomorrow"? They nod their head and all come over to kiss me. When the gorgeous boy came over to kiss me goodbye he whispered to me "I'm sorry babe about our date can you please forgive me"? I nod my head slightly trying to think why he called me babe but for the life of me I cant. I turn to him and say "sorry but who are you and why did you call me babe"? He looks at me and says "I'm your boyfriend Connor". I try to think but I can't and I say "I don't have a boyfriend sorry". He turns to leave but I still see the tears in his eyes. The older woman stopped him at the door and she said "he doesn't mean it Con. He can't remember". This guy looks at her and says "I'm sorry Laurel I can't deal with this. I will go home and never come back". The woman looks over at me and says "you just ruined the best thing you had". I try to think who she is and I say "I don't know you either please leave"? With that said she turns on her heel and walks out the door.

The next morning I wake and look around the room and I slowly start to remember why I was here in a hospital. I was hit by a car. I try to move my body but I can't and when I look down I see my arm in a cast and my leg too. I also feel a bad headache when I move my head and I know that is from the accident. I remember I was thrown and my body landed hard on the road and then my head. I hear someone walk in the room and a doctor comes up to me and he says "oh you're awake Mr Mellet". I slowly nod my head and he says "ok do you remember anything"? I say "I was hit by a car and thrown and when I landed I hit the road pretty heavily with my body then my head". He nods his head and says "that's right very good. Now do you know what day it is"? I nod my head a bit and say "Friday". He nods his head again and says "very good your memory is slowly coming back which is good. It means the concussion is easing and the swelling on your brain is to". I nod my head and the door opens again and I see the woman from yesterday walks in and the doctor turns to her and says "Mrs Mellet your son is improving which is a good sign but I still need to watch him". She nods her head and says goodbye to the doctor before he walks out the door.

She turns to me and says "thank god you're getting better Tro we were worried about you". I nod my head and she walks over to kiss my forehead. As she does I smell her perform and I now that it's my mum because I bought that perform for her. I turn to her and say "where are the others"? She looks at me and says "they are coming later one. They wanted you to have just one in the room for a bit and I wanted to talk to you". I groan and I say "what about mum"? She looks at me and says "why did you say that to Connor yesterday when he called you babe"? I look at her and say "seriously you ask me that after the doctor explained about my concussion and the TBI that I have". She says to me "but I thought you loved Connor"? I look at her and say "who is Connor and I didn't have a boyfriend so how can I love this Connor"? She looks at me and shakes her head and says "Connor was your boyfriend why can't you see that"? I was about to tell her to leave me alone but a nurse walked in and said "excuse me I couldn't help but over hear what you just said but you need to understand that people with TBI like your son here has is that they don't remember a lot of things. So you need to be patient with him as there are some things he won't remember. For example he won't remember who is boyfriend is or who you may be. Please remember that next time". My mum nods her head and says "I just thought he should remember that seen as though he was a big person in his life"? The nurse says to her "not necessarily people sometimes don't remember that. You really need to help him get better and be patient with him. It's a big thing that has happened to him". Mum nods her head and says "ok then I will let it go". The nurse nods her head and turns to me and says "how are you feeling this morning"? I say to her "I have a headache and my leg and arm are sore too". She nods her head and says "Ok I will see if I can get you some pain killers"? I nod my head and she walks out and I turn my head a bit and say "mum can I have some time alone please. I need to try and get rid of this headache". Mum stands up and walks out the room.

After the nurse comes back with my pain medication I fall asleep again.