Kapittel 17

Kapittel 17

Vanessa

"What was that? You didn't tell me you were acquainted with her," Georgia stated, pulling me away from my reverie.

"What was what? Acquainted with who?" I asked. I hadn't processed what she'd said. I was too awestruck by the belle and grace Madison held while walking away with her shiny, bronze legs. It was like she was carrying a certain air around her that'd change everything when present.

"Madison Blackwell? She's a big shot here, much like how her family is." She raised a brow at me. Wait, what? She was Friso's fuck buddy? Then that pretty much summed up everything. No wonder she warned me about the devil sticking around. She was guarded about me doing something with her man! But why did she help me?

"It's pretty known that she's Friso's fuck buddy. Did Friso send her to help you?" my friend continued to ask, which almost immediately altered my brain chemistry. Oh, that was it.

I bit my lower as my blood started to curdle. Did he think I was weak? Did he expect me to thank him, and what, run to him for more help? Or was it outside his knowledge that his sua sponte actions were what encouraged the others to throw eggs and rotten tomatoes at me? No, Friso wouldn't be stupid not to know that. Surely, this was part of his master plan to make me vulnerable, and what would happen... No. I shouldn't let him wear me down. Never.

"I don't know. But one thing's for sure..." I trailed off, trying to appease my anger with the plan I had in mind, kicking my conscience off my chest. "Friso's getting it today."

"Getting what?" Georgia asked, her brow raising higher.

"Oh, nothing." I shook my head, I looked down at her hands and saw that she was holding her shimmering pompoms. "Hey, you're bringing your pompoms. You out for practice after school?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Don't change the subject, wolf cut."

"What? I'm really up to nothing," I said, looking away to avoid her skeptical gaze. I couldn't shrug off the prickly, confining feeling given by her cognac orbs, and started to walk to class.

"Huh..." she kept her skeptical gaze at me but carried on, following me.

Opening the door to the classroom, I looked from left to right. Everything was still silent enough a tumbleweed rolling was the only missing prop to accentuate how isolated the place was. There wasn't any sign of anyone coming to the classroom yet as well. Good. I walked inside the room on tiptoes. I needed to put it there before anyone could enter.

As soon as I arrived at my usual desk, I placed my bag on the chair. Unzipping the fabric-made portable storage, I opened it wide and took out the thing that I had been hiding for days long. Lifting the glass jar from the bag, I observed the verdure, six-legged creature cricketing in the minute space. The little grasshopper was munching on the leaves and flowers I provided to it.

"Hey there," I greeted the small critter with a smile, tapping the glass with a smile on my face. It turned to me, and its wings and hind leg rubbed together to make that thing I remember to be called stridulation. A small shrill, creaky noise echoed. "Be good, okay?" I said, twisting the cap and slipping a hand inside the jar.

I wheezed. To be honest, I was quite nervous that it would jump off and escape. I needed this plan to succeed. Thankfully, it was either the odds were in my favor or the grasshopper also had what I had in mind that it crawled on my palm. I carefully took my hand out and kneeled at the desk beside mine, the very desk that Friso used to be close to me. As per his excuse so he could share books with me, he would use his poor acting skills and pretend that he didn't have his book stored in either his sports bag or under his desk. That was where this little thing's job would start. But even if he wouldn't stick his hand in, the grasshopper would still end up getting on his hand. Chaos would follow then.