Kapittel 21.4

Kapittel 21.4

Vanessa

"Don't say that, Maddie. She had always been a bitch ever since she slept with Friso," Toshiro said, crossing his arms as he sat on my side. Now I felt like a small being sandwiched by two towering guys, like a child between her parents.

"She's right, chica. We shouldn't excuse rude behavior anyway," Lazarus remarked, shaking his head. He then turned to my direction, his eyes gleaming. I felt my skin jolt in surprise. "Thanks for defending me, by the way," he said, his lips curling into a smile.

I couldn't help but smile back, a warm feeling fluttering in my chest. Was this satisfaction? "Of course, we're friends. I got your back." I gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"But, I think I just heard you say that Drew is someone who terrorizes the school," he asked, raising a brow. I fidgeted in my seat, afraid. I too consumed by my emotions that I was running my mouth without thinking. I forgot that the jerk was this guy's best friend!

"And he fucks around like a rabbit in perpetual heat" Toshiro added, laughing as well.

"You guys wouldn't snitch me on him right?" I asked. I have faith in our friendship!

Lazarus only shrugged, chuckling lightly. "Maybe just this once?" he put an index finger on his lips.

"Only once?!" I was bedazzled by his answer. I couldn't believe that he was going to cover me from Friso only once! But I couldn't blame him, he was closer to Friso than me, and by default, he'd prioritize his best friend over me.

"Be a friend and don't scare her away, Dickarus," Sophie suddenly came over and pushed her way between me, pushing Lazarus away. "So, is it true? That you and Drew have known each other since you guys were four?" Not again.

Like opportunistic seagulls, the others came around me as well. "Hey, hey, easy with the questions," Lazarus tried to make them simmer down, but they were adamant to know more about the new information they'd learned. I found myself being in the situation I had earlier, drowned with a sea of questions and huddled by excited strangers.

Ah, the problems with running your mouth carelessly.

"Finally, you're here." A voice suddenly rang in my ears. I immediately turned and a sense of euphoria washed all over me. It was Maxim, coming over to our spot with strong strides. Like moths to a flame, half of the guys detached from the lounge to exchange fancy high-fives with him.

"I should be the one saying that," I retorted, smiling at the newcomer. "I had been here for a while."

"I've been here almost 30 minutes ago," he shot back, causing my immediate embarrassment as the people around us, especially his peers, began to tease me for being tardy.

"Sorry, man. It's my fault. I dragged her here when I saw her." Thankfully Lazarus immediately came to my rescue. I sighed in relief, I was anxious that I'd seriously be mistaken as someone who was chronically late.

"And we kept her stuck here," Sophie also spoke to my rescue.

"It's no big deal." My group mate shook his head in dismissal before looking at me. "I had been wandering around this place, looking for Drew's room. Good thing I saw you, we can find him together. Let's go?" he asked, offering his hand.

"Yeah. I know the way to his room anyway," I enthusiastically nodded my head, standing. If I had known that this guy was my only means of escape, I could've texted him earlier. Speaking of texting, why hadn't I thought of that?! Dang.