Kapittel 11

Kapittel 11

Vanessa

I was endlessly sighing and feeling blue while on my ride to school. My day started in an ugly way as I woke up from another night's terror. My mood had been then bad ever since. Is it so selfish to ask for some peaceful sleep?

I wanted to lie down on my bed and think about how to make my frustrations vanish for a bit but mom suddenly barged in and made me get out of bed. But it turned out to be a good distraction I forgot about the dream the soonest I took a shower however, I fell asleep in the car on the way to school but dreamed of it again and everything went back to square one. I couldn't help but feel depressed all over again. I felt crazy having that traumatic scene flash in my dreams every time I sleep, reminding me of the sin that I'd done. I felt that I was being punished— no, I was punished. After all, everything was my fault. I never saved Dad from the accident. I didn't do anything and just laid down on the ground, I didn't even make an effort to move a single muscle.

"Vanessa?" Mom called out, pulling me away from my reverie. I raised my head from the glass window and looked at her. She then pointed to the window and said, "We're here."

"Oh," I gasped and took a look outside. She was right, we have arrived. "I'll be going now, Mom," I said while picking up my bag.

"Take care, sweetie," she said as I opened the door with one hand before stepping out, but no matter how sweet her voice sounded, the sight of her worried eyes didn't escape my sight. It made me feel a punch in the gut. She must have noticed that I was spacing out for a while. I must prevent myself from doing that again. Mom was a worrywart. Once she got worried about something, she would think about it all day and wouldn't be able to concentrate at work, and I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want to be a burden. I'd been a burden enough that resulted in Dad's death. I wanted to be the pillar that could keep my family strong.

Feeling energized, I shook my head and slapped my cheeks with each hand, mentally noting myself to be always positive and beat the depressing thoughts away before walking to the building where my first class was going to be held.

From: Georgia

What classes are you having today?

To: Georgia

Humanities, American History, Chemistry...

From: Georgia

That sucks, looks like I won't have classes the same as yours today 😔

To: Georgia

Sad.

From: Georgia

Can we have lunch together then?

I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket as soon as I sent my answer, not noticing that someone's back was right in front of me, bumping it. A small gasp emerged and the person turned half of his body towards me, probably to take a look at me.

"Oof, sorry," I apologized to the guy I'd bumped into without looking him in the eye and scrunching my nose. Most of the students I encountered yesterday were pretty much nice so I thought that it'd be no problem with this one and proceeded to walk past them but a hand took a hold of my wrist, stopping me.

"It's you!" a voice behind my back said.

"Who?" I turned my head to look at the person. The moment I did, a set of jovial chinky eyes stared down at me. My eyebrows kissed, feeling a sense of familiarity upon seeing them. I was sure I had seen those eyes a long time ago. But who?