Kapittel 21.5

Kapittel 21.5

Kapittel 67

Vanessa

"We have visitors, Sir," the woman had swallowed what she had to swallow and began to take care of him. I looked away upon seeing that she grabbed a box of wipes out of nowhere. Maxim, who was more composed, cleared his throat.

"Huh?" he immediately raised his head, and our eyes met. "There's my favorite person!" he exclaimed happily, suddenly standing up and walking over to us.

"Are you high?" I couldn't help but ask the obvious. I hadn't fully registered what was going on.

"So? You should try it too!" he exclaimed and stood up to offer me the bong. He looked like he was excited to share it with me since he was close to hopping. I turned my head away, as I heard him talk to the maid, "You can go now, Morgan."

"Yes, Sir."

"People can't be allowed to be on drugs when they're under 21 in this state!" I hollered, I turned to Maxim who just came over to our direction. "How can we work when he's high?" I asked him. Meanwhile, the maid stood up after fixing the buttons of her uniform and left stealthily, but not before bowing to us for a bid goodbye.

"Oh c'mon. I'm not that high," Friso replied to his defense before turning around and laying down on his bed, taking in another smoke.

"How long will it take before he sobers up?" I felt helpless. How were we supposed to work on the project now that Friso's high? He wouldn't function on working with us properly. Maybe Maxim and I could work on this alone, sure. But an extra hand was helpful, plus, he was the one who was supposed to bring most of the materials.

"I don't know, three hours? Depends if he drank, ate, or inhaled it," my only sober and sensible groupmate replied nonchalantly. "Not to mention we don't know how much he's inhaled."

"How do you know this?!" This time, I was flabbergasted by his knowledge.

"Uh... it's better if we don't talk about that," he dismissed my question and proceeded to evade it by walking over to Friso. "How long has it been since you've been high, Drew?" he asked.

"Mm... Forever?" he answered, his face

"Urgh, whatever. I think he can still be functional even in that state," I shook my head, then sat on the lounge area, particularly on the opposite couch since I didn't want to sit on the one that Friso and his maid baptized. Wait, what if they baptized this entire area? God... I was disgusted by the thought of it.

"Solution's easy." I turned my head and watched Maxim take away the bong from Friso.

"Hey!" our stoned groupmate exclaimed, seeing his toy taken away. I found it unbelievable that he even pouted.

"No bong for you right now, buddy," Maxim walked over to my direction and hid it behind the couch. "Not until we finish this project. Come here," he said, sitting down beside me while I was taking out the materials I brought.

"Fine," the storm-eyed replied like a child on tantrums and proceeded to sit with us.

We attempted to work on the project as we should have. Maxim and I first reviewed the designs we finalized during our previous meetings. We had planned to make everything from scratch, even the notebook so it would match our vision. Thankfully, my worries about the lacking materials were resolved when Richard came with a box full of them. Upon the commencement, Maxim started to craft the notebook, while I created its accessories. And Friso? Well...

"I made a paper plane!" he happily presented a paper plane he just folded out from our origami papers. He looked like a kid who had just made his first goal. "Zoom!" he vocalized, standing up from his spot, and began running around.

"Yay, congratulations," that was all I replied to express our non-existent support, my eyes focused on the border that I was cutting. Just a little glitter and–

The sound of my other groupmate's quiet chuckle broke my focus. I looked at him and saw that he was watching Friso in amusement. "It's fun to see this side of him." Oh boy, I could tell. A part of me wanted to make it more fun by recording him and making him an embarrassment as he did to me, but I couldn't care less about it right now, I was pretty much fixated on finishing the project.

"Well, you better enjoy it while it lasts," I mumbled.

"For a test flight," the stoner announced like some test pilot or whatever and threw the object in the air. It flew successfully, much to my surprise. It continued to fly at a higher altitude but was struck down midflight after colliding with a moon-shaped pendant light. Like a child on tantrums, he whined.

"Dang, it went down fast," he said in a pouty voice. "Maybe I should make one from my shirt." My eyes went wide at the next words he said. I looked over in his direction and saw that he was in the middle of taking off his shirt!

"Friso, no!" I immediately abandoned my space and stopped him from further stripping. "Time out, sit back down," I stated firmly, pulling him back to the lounge.

"But I want to make a big plane!" he protested while being dragged away.

"Later, we got a major output to do," I retorted. God, I felt like taking care of a child. I mean, he could do that stuff, who was I to stop him? But now was not the right time. God, I was so thankful that we were grouped together with Maxim, who was responsible and shared the same creative wavelength as me. Could it have been anybody else or just Friso, I might have lost my sanity long ago.

"But–"

"No buts, or I'm going home."

"No!"

I gasped in surprise when he suddenly tackled me to the ground. Now, I found myself on the carpeted floor with a throbbing head, crushed lungs, and a giant baby on top of me who had his arms wrapped around my shoulders. Gosh, I couldn't breathe. "Get off me, Friso," I said the first thing I had on my mind. I might die if he didn't get off from me any sooner.

​​_

Author's Note: 

Hi! I have finally completed my illustration of Friso! Since we now know what our female and male lead look like, I might post Friso x Vanessa art soon!

Thank you for reading Bubble Gum Kisses! To keep up with my work, future works, and endless frustrations, you can find me on my Wattpad and social media accounts: