dAngerous

General pov:

Toby led Spencer to a room in the Lost Woods Resort so they could talk in private without Mona listening in. They entered the room in silence. Toby tried to hand her coffee but she turned it down. His heart was breaking looking at her fighting back her tears. He had messed up.

"Does Mona know your here?" He asked attempting to break the silence.

"No. I had an idea she was hiding something from me so I did my own research and i found you" Spencer said back after a moment if silence. She spoke plainly, avoiding any sort of eye contact. "So what do you know about redcoat?"

"The only thing I know about redcoat is that she's in charge" Toby answered, Spencer turned away from him as she was finding it hard not to break down in tears.

"You still don't trust me.." Toby said putting his head down as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Look I understand why you've been helping Mona.. I made the same decision" she said looking at him as he kept his head down.

"But if I saw you hurting.. the way I know you saw me.." Spencer spoke. Her voice began to break, tears threatening to fall.

"I'm sorry Spence.. I didn't mean to hurt you like that" he said getting up off the bed and walking over to her desperate for her to look at him.

"I thought you were dead! Gone Toby... and you didn't think that would hurt me?" She said trying her hardest to fight back tears. "If I hadn't have found you.. how long would it have been before I saw you?" She said a tear rolling down her cheek.

"I planned on soon.. I did, I promise. I just had to get closer to Mona" he said reaching for her hand. "I should've contacted you sooner I'm sorry okay? It was just too dangerous.." he said cupping her face and wiping her tears now rapidly falling.

Spencer pulled Toby into a tight hug, never wanting to let go in fear of losing him again. She was still mad at him but for now she wanted to forget that was just be grateful that he's here with her now.

Toby picked her up clingling onto her equally as tight and walked her over to the bed. He laid her down and then lay down next to her. They just lyed there looking deep into each others eyes, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry" Toby whispered to Spencer kissing her forehead before she went to sleep, him drifting off shortly after.

———

Sorry I haven't updated in ages 🤍

What do you think so far? 🤍

Vote + Comment 🤍