AcceptAnce

Spencer was lying in bed. That's how she spent most of her days now, she didn't leave her house because she knew she would run into someone and she was really tired of lying.

Her phone buzzed and she felt a wave of relief come over her when she saw it was from Toby.

Toby: Hey sorry for the wait, but I have it all under control it's all going according to plan so far.

Spencer: Toby I feel horrible for lying. I don't know how much longer I can wait until I tell the girls.

Toby: You can soon Spencer I promise. Just let me sort some things out here first.

Spencer: People keep asking me about you and questioning why I'm not going to your funeral and I just have to lie and they keep telling me they're here if I need to talk. I feel like such a horrible person lying about this.

Toby: I'm so sorry for making you lie Spence. Your not the horrible person okay? I'm the one who faked my own death. Just a few more days I promise.

Spencer: You keep saying that but I can't wait any longer. I'm too scared to even leave my room because I'll have to lie more and more.

Toby: I know and I'm sorry Spence. I promise I'll sort this out for both of us asap.

Spencer: Okay.. I miss you. Be careful okay?

Toby: I will be I promise and I miss you too, I'll see you as soon as it's safe too.

Spencer put her phone down and lay back down in her bed. Her head was spinning and she was beginning to feel nauseous. Usually she felt nauseous when she was stressing about an exam but this was the worse she's ever gotten it.

She got up and ran to her bathroom and threw up in the toilet. She sat on the floor and threw up some more until her stomach was completely empty. She sat on the floor, her head in her hands debating what she should do.

She had to tell someone about it but she couldn't go behind Toby's back. She was so close to picking up her phone and sending an sos to the girls so they'd come over and she could tell them but she couldn't..

————

At the brew..

"Has anyone spoken to Spencer lately?" Hanna inquired, sipping on her coffee.

"I called her the other day, she's still not going to Toby's funeral" Emily replied blandly.

"Weird. Why won't she go?" Aria asked raising her eyebrow out of curiosity.

"I just don't think she's ready to accept he's really gone" Emily said shrugging her shoulders.

Aria nodded and there was a silence between the three girls.

"I don't buy it" Hanna said taking another sip out of her coffee.

"You don't buy what Hanna?" Emily said turning to face Hanna, shooting her a confused look.

"That she's not accepting it. There has to be another reason. He's been dead for almost two weeks now, I know the girls probably grieving but she's clearly accepted it by now." Hanna said.

"Well what other reason would there be Hanna?" Aria asked as Emily rolled her eyes at Hanna.

"I'm not sure.. maybe she can't find an appropriate outfit" Hanna said shrugging.

"Hanna seriously." Emily said shooting her another look.

"I am serious!"

————

Spencer lay in bed, completely exhausted. She felt so weak, not just physically either. She couldn't do anything, she couldn't tell the girls, she couldn't talk to her mom about what's wrong and she couldn't even see Toby.

She had a massive headache and felt dizzier than ever... the stress was really getting to her.

"Oh Spencer.." she heard a familiar voice say.

She shot up and rubbed her eyes at what she saw..

To be continued..

A/N

Who do you think she saw? Will she tell the girls? Does she attend the funeral? 🤍

I'm liking how this story's going so far tbh 🤍

L + C and follow for more! 🤍