Trust me

Spencer woke up and looked around at where she was. She shot up once she realised Toby wasn't in the room. He had run away again.. of course he did. When things get bad that's what he does...

She still was trying to understand her own feelings. She didn't forgive him but was too tired to be mad at him.

The door opened and a hooded figure walked in in a black hoodie.

"T..Toby?" Spencer said looking around for anything to use in defence just in case.

Did Mona find them? Had Toby sold her out?

"Spencer.. it's me" Toby said pulling down his hood and going to sit next to her. She slide over, putting distance between them.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you. I just can't be seen in public still because.." he trailed off. "Here" he said handing her coffee. "I got it from the café around the corner on my way back"

"Back from where?" She said not wanting to here the answer. He gave her a look looking deep into her eyes. She knew where he had been.

"I promise I'll end it soon, and I can come back for real just for the now.. we have to wait a bit longer because.." he started.

"You have to be part of the A team." Spencer snapped cutting him off. "The team that terrorised me and my friends daily and even tried to kill us more times than I can count." Spencer said standing up.

"Where are you going?" Toby said as she got on her jacket.

"Home. I'm not being cramped in a motel room with you. I have to meet with my friends" She said reaching for the door.

"Spence.. please.. you can't tell them about this. We can all get hurt. Just trust me okay give me time I'll fix this" Toby said in a low voice.

"You have two days Toby and I'm not saying I'll forgive you.. just try get yourself out of this mess then we'll talk." She said heading out the door. Great another secret to keep from her friends...

———

"You okay Spencer?" Emily asks snapping Spencer out of her thoughts.

"Yep, perfectly fine" She replied plastering a fake smile over her face.

Caleb walked in and greeted Hanna by kissing her cheek. He sat beside her and put his arm around her pulling her tight.

He'd never do that to her,
Because he loves her
So why did Toby?

Thoughts filled in Spencer's head. Her mouth was dry and her eyes started to sting.

"Excuse me" she said getting up and running towards the bathroom. She entered a stall and as soon as the door was closed she sat on the floor.

She cried and cried. Usually when she felt this way she'd talk to her friends or Toby but she couldn't tell her friends. She had promised. She couldn't tell Toby either.

She was completely alone.

———

A/N

Sorry for the wait for an update 🤍

Thanks to people who have commented on my last chapters I appreciate every one of you 🤍

Updates soon I promise!

Vote + Comment 🤍