Prologue: Hollow Heart

My name is Tsume, and I received a call today. A call that would have put anyone into a state of shock and distress, the mere possibility of it happening enough to make any normal person have some kind of emotional response. Yes, any normal and good person would have reacted with great sadness to this event, and yet...

Tsume: Oh... I see, so my parents are dead. Very well, inform me of anything else that comes along.

Operator: Miss please wait-

I feel nothing, not even a tinge of sadness as I put down the phone that just announced the demise of my parents. The first thought that came to my mind was how much of an inconvenience this would be, how it would hinder my early life. I know this is by no means normal and of how disgusted people would feel towards me. 

That is why I can confidently say I am a horrible person, a monster in the guise of a person, a villain. I don't acknowledge this through some feeling of disgust or feeling in my heart, I simply know this because it is abnormal. That according to those around me and how the average person acts, I know I am horrible because it is simply a fact that can be observed.

What to do now... oh. I remember now, it was something about calling any relatives to see if they are able to take you in. I pick up the phone again and dial a number I remember, it was my aunt and her husband. They lived close enough, so I suppose they would work for now. It takes awhile, but I finally hear the ringing stop and them picking the phone up.

Tsume: Hello.

???: Hey Toshiro! Some brat is on the phone!

This must be my aunt, since it is a feminine voice. Hmm... I always remembered my parents said they were a little rude.  Though they may be so, it surely is better than being homeless or an orphanage I assume, relatives are supposedly obligated to take care of me in such a case. From my understanding of familial bonds this should be optimal.

Toshiro: Tell the damn kid that I ain't apologizing for hitting his dog!

Hmm, it appears they misunderstand who I am. I have no dog. I suppose I had a hamster, but it quickly became boring and took too much work, so I tossed it into the trash. But indeed it appears I have been forgotten. I guess it is expected, I have only seen them once or twice for a short while, and I didn't talk much either. 

Tsume: Apologies, but you have me mistaken. I am Tsume, your niece.

Amane: Tsume... Tsume... Tsume... oh! You're my sister's kid! What is she making you call me for? She need some money?

So I was the first to get the news, huh? I guess I should break it to them, they would find out eventually anyways.

Tsume: She won't need any money, she's dead after all. I believe it was a car accident of some kind. Which is why I'm calling, I require a parental figure of some kind.

Amane: Damnit! I always told her not to go riding with that speed junkie husband of hers! *Sigh* I'll see what I can do about it, Tsume.

She hangs up the phone, but I swear I picked up a hint of angry shouting before it cut off. Hmm, perhaps the husband doesn't like the idea of me staying? I don't understand why though, I have done nothing that warrants hatred. Not only that, are children not supposed to be liked and perceived as cute? Well the only way is to see it for myself, it is only a matter of time considering my circumstances.

---------------------------------

*Slap*

I feel my face sting from the impact of the slap made by some random kid, I don't remember the name. My aunt sent me to a public school, the education has been... lacking. The children here however have been nothing short of abhorrent and seem keen on bullying me for some reason. Is it perhaps because of my background? I don't understand why.