Chapter 5: Sword Saint, Adelheid

Raysha P.O.V

I rushed out of the mansion that I bought(Read: Threatened and stole from someone) with all of the new income(Read: Abuse of power) I got from being a Divine General... but...

...

I didn't ask for where the Sword Saint actually was...

...

Perhaps I got a little too excited. So I turn around and open the door to my house, seeing the tired out messenger panting for his life, probably from trying to catch up with me. Oh yeah, I should give him something for putting that much effort into his job and for also giving me such exciting news. I'm a monster, but I still do reward people who give me interesting things to kill.

Raysha: Ah! There you are, my deliverer of great news. Anyways, where exactly is this Sword Saint at?

Messenger: T-that's what I've been trying... to... hah... say... *Ahem* Excuse me for being exhausted, but the Sword Saint and the rest of her group is expected to be in this forest here.

He pulls out a map and points to a forest, I did get taught basic enough geography so I didn't accidentally blow up the wrong village, so I at least know where that is. But what is more interesting is, she? I remember the previous sword saint was a she, so am I further back in time than I thought- but no, I heard Julius was there... this doesn't make sense...

Raysha: She? The sword saint is a girl?

Messenger: Huh? I thought that was common knowledge? The sword saints have both been women for both the previous and current generation, so to mess that up it would be pretty hard. 

Is this guy calling me stupid? Ok, I guess his reward will be death now. So I raise my hand and it begins to glow with power.

Raysha: What are you implying with that comment?

Messenger: N-nothing! Nothing at all! I guess some people may think Wilhelm van Astrea is the sword saint, so it's very possible! Yeah! Very possible!

Seeing him so obviously try to appeal to me to avoid dying is fun, so I guess I'll let him live for that.

Raysha: Oh, but do you know the name of the Sword Saint?

Messenger: Again? Is that not-

I raise my arm threateningly.

Messenger: I-I meant is that not a very easy thing to not know?! So I'll tell you! It's so commonly not known that I'll happily inform you so more people know! Her name is Adelheid, Adelheid van Astrea!

Raysha: Good. You've been very helpful, so here.

I toss him a bag of coins that's decently big. I don't really get how much it is, but I have a lot of it from this job I managed to get from just being me and doing violence, so I'm not too worried. Though I guess it is a good amount considering that the messenger has now run off screaming how he is wealthy and no longer oppressed by work.

Hah... this job really is great, murder and wealth in a nice package. Getting kidnapped is better than I thought, but enough of that, back to the Sword Saint. She? Adelheid? I don't remember anyone named like that in Re:Zero, did I miss something? No, something could be off here considering I was reincarnated by those gods. Well... 

...

I guess I'll just have to see for myself when I go to kill her! Hahaha! I can't wait!

--------------------------------------

I land at a clearing in the trees, just to see two of my co-workers and past victims, Moguro and Groovy hunched over and injured. I heard Cecilus was also sent here, but I assume he hasn't arrived yet or is dealing with the other knights who came along. But really, these two are the ones handling the Sword Saint and not him or me? That sounds poorly planned.