Chapter 3

15 years later, Bob, who now works for an insurance company stamps the word "Denied" on an elderly woman's insurance claim.

Mrs. Hogenson: "Denied? You're denying my claim? I don't understand....I have full coverage!"

Bob: "I'm sorry, Mrs. Hogenson, but our liability is spelled out in paragraph 17. It states clearly..."

Mrs. Hogenson: "I can't pay for this!"

Bob's office phone rings.

Bob: "Excuse me." (answers phone) "Claims, Bob Parr."

It was Helen calling. She was giving her baby boy Jack-Jack a bath.

Helen: "I'm calling to celebrate a momentous occasion. We're now officially moved in."

Bob: "Yeah, well, that's great, honey. And the last three years don't count because..."

Helen: "Because I finally unpacked the last box. Now, it's official. Ha, ha, ha. Why do we have so much junk?"

Bob: "Listen, honey, I've got a client."

Helen: "Say no more. Go save the world one policy at a time, honey. Oh! I gotta go pick up the kids from school. See you tonight."

Bob: "Bye, honey." He hangs up and continues speaking to Mrs. Hogenson "Excuse me. Where were we?"

Mrs. Hogenson: "I'm on a fixed income, and if you can't help me, I don't know what I'll do." She blows her nose and begins crying. Bob looks around to see if anyone was watching.

Bob: "All right, listen closely. I'd like to help you, but I can't. I'd like to tell you to take a copy of your policy to Norma Wilcox on...(whispering) Norma Wilcox. W-l-L-C-O-X. On the third floor. But I can't. I also do not advise you to fill out and file a WS2475 form with our legal department on the second floor. I wouldn't expect someone to get back to you quickly to resolve the matter. I'd like to help, but there's nothing I can do."

Mrs. Hogenson wanted to thank him, but Bob needed her to be quiet.

Bob: "I'm sorry, ma'am! I know you're upset!"(whispering) "Pretend to be upset."

Mrs. Hogenson does what Bob says and pretends crying while she leaves. Bob's boss came running into Bob's office

Mr. Huph: "PAAAAAAARRRRR!!!! YOU AUTHORIZED PAYMENT ON THE WALKER POLICY?!"

Bob: "Someone broke into their house, Mr. Huph. Their policy clearly covers...."

Mr. Huph: "I..I don't wanna know about their coverage, Bob! Don't tell me about their coverage! Tell me how you're keeping Insuricare in the black! Tell me how that's possible, with you writing checks to every Harry Hardluck and Sally Sobstory THAT GIVES YOU A PHONE CALL!!"

Mr. Huph walks away, leaving Bob more frustrated with his job.

Inside the Parr house, Krypto gathers with many other animals with superpowers.

Krypto: "Okay everyone, we don't have much time. Mrs. Parr will be back soon so we gotta make this quick. We have some new recruits joining us today, so let's meet them. You there, what's your name?"

Bolt: "I'm Bolt, I'm new to the neighborhood."

Krypto: "Okay, Bolt, tell me some more about yourself."

Bolt: "Um, these two next to me, that's Mittens and Rhino. We live together. And we have powers."

Krypto: "Powers?"