Chapter 8

Later on, the heroes exit a pod, now nicely dressed. They enter a room with a lava wall and a large dining table. As they look around, the lava wall splits. They get back and hide behind the doors. Mirage comes out from the parted wall. Before she does anything, her bosses quickly instructed her. Then they walk away while Mirage walks to the doors. She sees the heroes near the pod.

Mr. Incredible: "Are we overdressed?"

Mirage: "Actually, you look rather dashing."

Demolition Bird: "Oh thank goodness."

Armstrong: "I was worried that these clothes were a bit tight."

Boulder: "No you look good. I don't really wear suits like these so it's a new feeling."

They sit at the table.

Mr. Incredible: "I take it our hosts are..."

Mirage: "Oh, I'm sorry. They won't be dining with us. They hope you'll understand."

Mr. Incredible: "Of course. I do usually make it a point to know who I'm working for."

Mirage: "They prefer a certain amount of anonymity."

Boulder: "Clearly it's a large amount."

Mirage: "Surely, you of all people understand that."

Mr. Incredible: "I was just wondering, of all the places to settle down, why live..."

Mirage: "With a volcano? They're attracted to power. So am I. It's a weakness we share."

Firefox: "I could get used to this. Uh, living with a volcano, not the power thing."

Heatbeam: "Power as in, wanting to be at the top of the pyramid?"

Mr. Incredible: "Seems a bit unstable."

Mirage: "I prefer to think of it as misunderstood."

Mr. Incredible [chuckling]: "Aren't we all?"

Mirage: "Volcanic soil is among the most fertile on Earth. Everything at the table was grown right here. How does it compare?"

Mr. Incredible: "Everything is delicious."

Gold Rush: "You can say that again."

They do a toast. Soon, a plane lands back in the city. (Watch Video)

Bob looks at his suit, seeing the tear on the left sleeve.

Helen: "Hurry, honey, or you'll be late for work!"

Bob puts his suit in his suitcase and walks out of the house.

Helen: "Have a great day, honey. Help customers, climb ladders..."

Bob: "Bring bacon?"

Helen: "All that jazz."

They kiss, and Bob walks away. Helen chuckles and closes the door. Bob drives towards a laser gate. He stops at the speaker and the guard responds.

Guard: "You have an appointment?"

Bob: "I'm an old friend. I just wanted to..."

Guard: "All visitors are required..."

Before he could finish, Edna and Silver push him away from the screen.

Silver: "Move it! Get back to work."